Home | About | Donate

Crackdown in Maldives as Thousands Demand Freedom for Ousted President and All Political Prisoners

Crackdown in Maldives as Thousands Demand Freedom for Ousted President and All Political Prisoners

Sarah Lazare, staff writer

Police deployed stun guns, tear gas, and pepper spray against large numbers of people demonstrated in the Maldives capital of Male on Friday to demand the release of ousted president Mohamed Nasheed and other political prisoners.

I couldn’t help but see trouble for this much loved, brave, young, Democratic leader that produced A mock cabinet meeting in full scuba to alarm the World about the oceans assault on the Maldives due to global warming… I knew the powers that be would not let it rest- they probably even reiterated the false “dominoe theory” played out in South East Asia and then South and Central America- They just can’t let the truth of what is in store for our Planet be so flagrantly exposed by some guy in the Maldives…I had A premonition that this heroic brave man would pay the price as all seem to with Empire breathing down their throats…
I wish only the best for you Mohamed Nasheed, you are one courageous and good Man- Let’s all hope and pray that the people of the Maldives can Liberate this hero and reinstate him as their officially elected President-Anything less will be another scandalous episode in the long dark history of Empire-