Home | About | Donate

'Criminal Negligence': Trump Officials Ignored Company's Offer to Make 7 Million N95 Masks Per Month in Early Days of Pandemic

The door to Hell is the only appropriate door they need to be shown.

2 Likes

Usually, all we are given is psychopaths, sociopaths or narcissists - when really lucky, all effing three.

2 Likes

trump is 100% positive that he has never done anything wrong.

Laurie Garrett’s work has been very grounding through this. Elizabeth Kolbert is peerless at grasping broad ecological complexities and communicating clearly – the best science-writer ever, imho. Laurie Garrett is a very close second, with a balance more on the side of her own technical expertise, which is essential to cut through the absolute shambles of global preparedness for something like this. She warned about this 25 years ago in The Coming Plague. Garrett was also a main science-advisor to Soderberg on Contagion, where Marburg was the nightmare virus-model of that film. A very different viral personality than SARS2 is Marburg – indiscriminately fatal. In Garrett’s account, viral explorers went hunting high and low for the first clues about Marburg: how is it transmitted – where is its reservoir? – and failed.

2 Likes

Well it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day where it originated; it’s here.

~https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/05/we-created-the-anthropocene-and-the-anthropocene-is-biting-back

2 Likes

The ineptitude:

~https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/10/anglo-american-coronavirus-crisis

1 Like

Yes Trump is positively sure of it, even when he raped a woman in a New York City department store woman’s dressing room!

If you bring up Iraq or Afghanistan; holy moly, you’re really wading into the deep end of a swamp. Don’t go there regarding COVID-19, can’t you read the posted signage, WARNING !
Remember 9/11, the " who could have foreseen this coming " of Condi, and the subsequent 9/11 Commission report? Well, then don’t forget Ol’ Rumsfeld & Co. on his 9/12 preparations, for going to war with Iraq, that is . ( After the pre-game warm up called Afghanistan. ) Talk about a government being quick on its feet; the nimbleness of the Security State, what amazing speed is exhibited by the Alphabets, the coalition of the willing, et al. What planning and preparedness they’re showing to the world! Wow!
Now that’s called decisive action; being the only indispensable nation on the planet, then proving it by your swift response. ( Omitting and neglecting the little factoid that they were going after the wrong country’s criminal elements and the wrong country’s energy resources- funny that. )
Fast forward to COVID-19: the same permanent federal gov’t and some of the same " wise men " as official players, creating and enabling ( in some people’s minds ) the greatest fustercluck in the nation’s history. Certainly, in regards to the economy and the general welfare of the bottom 50% of its’ citizenry. BTW- Truth be known they’re not Republicans, increasingly not Democrats, either. They’re just called the permanently disenfranchised and disposable, for ease of pigeonholing purposes, one imagines. YIKES!
As COVID-19 plays out and runs it course, the people who think there’s something fishy going on, something is afoot, will grow in #s. Just like those who have serious doubts about the official accounts of what went down regarding 9/11. Both groups are/will be marginalized and labels like unpatriotic, the tinfoil hat crowd and loose cannon are/will be used to preface their questions and concerns.
As AG Barr says, " history is written by winners ", after all the dust settles. Or, all of the unnecessary dead have dirt thrown in their faces one last time. Vaya con Dios, my aching arse.
" They got a name for the winners in the world, I want a name when I lose. They call Alabama The Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues. "

2 Likes

Reminded me of “farenheit 9/11”.

The virus could be legit, but if it gets worse, which many scientists predict, it could be the precursor of Trump declaring Martial Law in the fall, after all, what better way to steal and cheat in November?

Well, Trumpster won by 80,000 key votes, right?
And now, the official death count has hit that mark, while the unofficial death count is 110,000-125, 000 and growing ( expanding ). Where that # will end up is written; not in the stars, but in ourselves. Just how much are we tasked with having to put up with, after all? From the " Get a fxxking job, you dirty fxxking hip…er, environmentalists and poor chumps " crowd, no less. SOSDD ( Same Old Shit Different Decade ).

The Cheyenne and Oglalla Sioux are being given an ultimatum by Governor Noem; let us give you COVID-19 or we’ll sick ( pun-my bad ) the National Guard and Feds on you, again…and, again… and, again… ( " The only good Injun is a dead Injun " - S. Dakota’s real state motto ). 509-556 broken treaties, and counting, later. But, only non-counters matter, right?
The Santa Clarita case study; if the CDC and the Trumpster fans could of explained away this seeming anomaly; and buried it in Chinatown, you really think they wouldn’t have? " Forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown "; still hangs its hat on this rusty old nail, after all the dirty double-crossing by The Trumpster’s minions. Exactly how many saps have to die before Trump & McConnell ( aka- Big Shorty & Short Biggy ) get their way, anyway?
And really, what better parting gift to leave the state which you were born in, and scorned ( and possibly sends you, and yours, to prison ) you to move to a state that respects ( fears? ) you, than a real good dose of COVID-19? And, given not much to defend themselves with, thanks to privatizing and profiteering of the absolute most disgusting kind?
Harry Truman would of hung Trump & His Ilk in front of the Lincoln Memorial; not for being criminals, but for being such horribly bad patriots in the time of COVID-19. Harry might of said, " I don’t give a shit who intentionally started this fire, it’s way past time to put the damn thing out. "
Just speculatin’, of course.
But if it quacks like a duck, waddles when it walks like a duck, fly like a duck and looks like a duck… well, you know.

1 Like

Trump is going to cheat and steal in the 2020 elections, that’s a given. What about the 2020 census, the apportionment of electoral votes, possible gerrymandering… there’s a bunch of issues on the slate; why do you think it’s only about Trump’s big-time election shenanigans?

Yes. I recall seeing Laurie Garett on a news show last week. They asked her some asinine question about virus spread and she let out an exasperated sigh. She knows our government dropped the ball on this virus that now owns America. I honestly don’t think they even care anymore. All they care about is how well Wall Street is doing(thanks to trillions of cash infusion/future debt). We’re toast unless we can get a savior scientist who can come up with the right vaccine.

1 Like

Excellent guardian article, thanks. Quite an observation from Jay Rosen:

When the business of government becomes limited to populist set pieces, its ranks are purged of doers and populated instead with cheerleaders. This is how we ended up with the current cast of dazed-in-headlights Tory cabinet members. In the US, the very notion of an “administration” has been worn away. As the New York University journalism professor Jay Rosen puts it, “There is no White House. Not in the sense that journalists have always used that term. It’s just Trump – and people who work in the building.”

1 Like

Thank you for this post.

Just the other day he said “The one thing we’ve learned [in the pandemic] is that I was right.”

1 Like

I do sympathise with you compassionate Americans. And here is an example of compassion:

~https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/09/irish-native-american-coronavirus-historic-bond

Yes, I saw that wonderful jesture of solidarity, and spiritual reciprocity, by the people of Ireland. Thanks from someone who, in the best of Irish traditions stands up for the underdog, the little guy and unrigged fair fights.
Long may you run, long may you run.

We killed off the old and weak in those countries years ago

100% agree and Trump will use covid19!