Home | About | Donate

Critics Call Upcoming Pentagon Visit by Indonesian Defense Minister—Accused of Horrific Atrocities—a 'Human Rights Catastrophe'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/15/critics-call-upcoming-pentagon-visit-indonesian-defense-minister-accused-horrific

2 Likes

I’m sure Kissinger, who greenlighted Indonesia’s bloody and illegal invasion of East Timor in 1975,
is on the welcoming committee.

Good to see Amnesty taking a positive position. Amnesty just pulled out of a webinar to support
the Ecuadorian legal case against Chevron because Pink Floyder Roger Waters also supports it.
Despite its claims of neutrality, Amnesty often picks sides in the global struggles
for and against imperialism – and not always the side we’d like.

3 Likes

What’s the big deal, I’m sure Prabowo just wants to thank his former School of the Americas instructors. /s

2 Likes

Esper will be getting lessons in modern genocidal tactics from a renowned “alleged” genocidist.
I wonder who Esper would use those tactics on.

Are you kidding this genocidist learned those tactics from the SOA. Now under a different name to avoid persecution.

What does this misbegotten admin. have to do with civil rights. when an admin has the callous disregard for human decency to take children from their parents and put them in cages with nothing but a plastic sheet for bedding how can it be considered anything but depraved? A little genocide won’t keep such a governing body awake at night.