Home | About | Donate

Critics Say Deregulatory Rush Shows Even If Defeated the Trump White House Willing to 'Scorch the Earth Before They Go'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/17/critics-say-deregulatory-rush-shows-even-if-defeated-trump-white-house-willing

3 Likes

Well, scorch Amerika anyway, since he’s apparently planning to leave a.s.a.p. after he’'s defeated next month.  The only question is whether he’ll seek asylum in Moscow, Manila or Istanbul.   Probably not North Korea, though — Kim Jong Un is notoriously hard on competition . . .

9 Likes

Sorry, off topic.
But I would like to recognize Pete Sousa, Barack Obama’s WH photographer.
An outstanding American. He helps us to see the difference between good karma-bad karma, and good character VS bad character.
Politics aside.

4 Likes

It’s not just drumpf vs the rule of law, drumpf and the gop have stepped up their all out assault on the environment. Just as covid requires an extensive cleaning, Biden, if he wins, had better clean house and rebuild from top to bottom.

9 Likes

The system as structured in the USA puts far too much power in the hands of the President. If these executive orders are hard for subsequent administrations to reverse then there something very wrong with the system as structured.

That he can enact such laws via “executive orders” makes him more like a Monarch of 300 years back then a public official in an alleged “Democracy”. “Mad King George” did not have this kind of power.

18 Likes

We are screwed regardless of whether he wins or loses so let’s at the very least enjoy dumping Trump first (which may cause him to commit suicide) and take it from there.

3 Likes

Oddly enough, the republican party had been dead set against too much power given the president. The hypocrisy shows it’s ugly face when they have the WH though.

9 Likes

Oh they do the same thing with Deficits. They whine when Democrats in power about balancing the budget and then as soon as they take office run up huge debts.

President Reagan run up more debt then all of the prior Presidents did combined. He was hailed as a saint and being fiscally responsible.

George W Bush did the same thing.

12 Likes

“Particulate pollution”:

~https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/16/plastic-waste-microfibers-california-study

1 Like

And trending.
I would like to know how much of our tax dollars have been spirited away by trump’s family and appointees.

3 Likes

I hope people realize all his changes lock in. The Dems are hiding that because they both actually are cooperating to use binding trade deals that trump our laws to really screw all of us so badly millions will have no country or future left.

Biden is a corporate candidate through and through.

The changes that are being made will strip people of everything they thought they had. Most Americans wont be able to compete with dirt-low wages. Theur careers will be cut short.

It will be like using nuclear weapons in the nations century-long labor-management dispute. No I’m not kidding. People not only have no idea, their brains dont seem to understand whats been done until it happens to them.

(Or maybe they themselves are sock puppets)

5 Likes

It’s past time for restructuring this government from how elections are funded to the independence of such agencies as the EPA. Candidates running for president at the very least need to list, reveal, who will be in their cabinet. None of this I’ll let you know after I’m elected bs. And how about popuar vote, scotus appointments, far too political to leave up to politicians. Government by the people, not donkeys and elephants.

12 Likes

Wanna scorch something? Drop a little napalm on the White Supremacists that the FBI confirmed as the greatest domestic terrorist threat to the DSA, the Divided States of America.

Should have been burned out after the Civil War.

1 Like

If Biden wins he MUST put out the word to ALL federal workers that if they expose illegal actions in their department and are fired for it, THAT THEY WILL GET THEIR JOB BACK UPON HIS INAUGURATION, WITH BACKPAY.

9 Likes

If memory serves me right, when Trump came into office he eliminated everything that President Obama enacted over eight years by executive orders. Everything that had Obama’s name attached to it got terminated. Why wouldn’t a Biden Presidency be able to return the favor?

12 Likes

six strains of corona19
h-ttps://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/08/200803105246.htm

Not enough difference to stall the vaccine develop work.
exec order before inaugeration can hide origin from Fort Detrick, Maryland into top secret.
expect 2021 deaths to double 2020 count of 400,000 in U.S.A.

If Biden wins president.
Feb. 1, 2021, virus gets new name and casualties restart from zero.
CDC, FDA, HHS will be honest with data, suggestions and progressives ‘demands’.
Society and business lock down will be into hot spots. Right now, the midwest is
whacked because masks are not being worn by 95% of citizens as required.

There will be a massive financial federal bailout. Alleviate hunger, late rent and
mortgage payments - but - too late for many families. Extend and increase
unemployment benefits.

Either will still kill a few mill of elderly.
Can use medicare refusal to pay as method.

2 Likes

Exactly right, I speculated this would be his move if he loses, a few months ago, now he’s saying it out loud, and proving me right. Wish his passport could be suspended.

(h)ttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-the-quite-part-out-loud-he-s-losingar-BB1a7Ga5?ocid=msedgdhp

3 Likes

suggest you allow him exile.
But not Ireland or Scotland.
How about Azerbaijan?
The most corrupt country in the entire world.
He’ll fit right in, snug as a bug in a rug.

3 Likes

McConnell made a comment in a story the other day (I didn’t bookmark the story), that the reason he won’t allow a vote on a big stimulus is they (R’s) want to look conservative again this close to election day. Same sh!t different day.

4 Likes

Nah, I’d love to see him in that orange jumpsuit, I’m sure he’d look dapper. Perhaps a large African American cellmate could expand Trumps horizon.

2 Likes