Home | About | Donate

'Cruel Beyond Imagination': Trump Reportedly Set to Unveil Plan to Detain Immigrant Families Indefinitely

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/21/cruel-beyond-imagination-trump-reportedly-set-unveil-plan-detain-immigrant-families

1 Like

Private prison companies got to make their profit some way.

1 Like

I know this is a stupid comment but where is our government? Why are we having to fight everything in the Courts? Why aren’t there referrals to hospitals or jails for these folk’s? These people are sick and criminal which makes them criminally insane, they are a proven threat to the public at large. A threat to the general welfare of the State. They are terrorizing common descent folk’s on a global scale. Where is our government? Where is sanity? Where is ______, ______ and _______?

1 Like

This is a crime against humanity even if lawyers and judges give the Trump administration’s the legal foundation for such actions. I don’t see much effective alternative other than widespread civil disobedience.

1 Like

I suspect there were a few Germans in the 1930’s asking the same questions we are asking today. History really does repeat itself.

Because congress is coin-operated and useless, and the executive branch is run by thugs. Obama set up the original kiddie camps until he was sued in the courts by human rights organizations; and Trump is doing the same.

1 Like

I just don’t know what to say any more. Former Senator Jeff Flake is considering challenging trump. Yes, he is a republican but he understands what runs this country and what our shared histories are and what it all means. I have written him saying it his call to duty to so, I hope he listens. He can give a great speech, he understands the rules and norms of what is suppose to be and what was once. Anything to try to return to what used to be “normal trash” would be 1000’s of times better. At least maybe, kinda, sorta, hope, so, I think.

1 Like