Home | About | Donate

Cutting Through the Helplessness of the Refugee Crisis

Cutting Through the Helplessness of the Refugee Crisis

Frida Berrigan

Fences. Barbed wire. Plexiglass riot shields. Refugee camps. Unanswered questions. Terror. Roiling seas in flimsy boats. Waiting. Fear. Walking. Huddled in wet, cold fields with no shelter and no certainty about what tomorrow brings. This and so much more is the experience of refugees fleeing the violence and civil war of Syria in Europe.

I do not like Barack Obama for so many political reasons that I could write a book, but I applaud his efforts and his stance on behalf of the refugees as so much of the country sinks ever lower into fear and hatred. In a nation with some dark chapters in its history, this one is especially shameful.

What ever happened to this country?

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Let's hold the bastards accountable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

I believe the Republican sponsored immigration policy barring Syrian refugees from entering the USA is nazism. To help solve some of the problems in the mideast we should turn over the criminals who attacked and destroyed Iraq and Libya for trial. This group would include, but not limited to: George W Bush, Cheney, Chalabi, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz,Judith Miller etc. Additionally all execs of the collaborative new media.

Typical the fallout is the problem not the policy that causes it.

That was never real, it was a noble sounding sentiment like "all men [ sic ] are created equal" that expressed what people liked to think rather than the reality of how people coming to the continent were actually treated.

This documentary, viewable for free, shows a truer account of what went on before and after Emma Lazarus' sonnet was added to the statue.

http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/plutocracy/