Home | About | Donate

DACA's Widespread Support Clear as Program's Fate Under Trump Looms

DACA's Widespread Support Clear as Program's Fate Under Trump Looms

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Ahead of an expected announcement from the White House on the fate of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, mobilizations online and on the streets Friday demonstrated support for the roughly 800,000 "Dreamers."

President Donald Trump will make his announcement Tuesday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Friday afternoon, leaving days more of uncertainty for those who may face the threat of deportation.

We seem to be vying for number one among evil nations.

Trump: " I love the dreamers."

Lets hope for once he spoke the truth but what he probably meant, was---- I would love to deport them!

Well, Trump did it on Sunday night – he decided to throw 800,000 young people under the bus. That is nearly a million people. There was this: Unless Congress acts within the next six months, Trump said, deportations of so-called Dreamers will begin.

He is such a shit. Some people had pretty angry reactions:

‘F*ck you, I hope you end up in prison’: Furious backlash greets report of Trump’s DACA repeal
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/fck-you-i-hope-you-end-up-in-prison-furious-backlash-greets-report-of-trumps-daca-repeal/

Maybe North Korea can precisely aim that miniaturized nuclear weapon at Mar A Lago while Trump is there.

It has suddenly struck me that I haven’t seen such cursing to a president’s face except for GW Bush in my lifetime. And I cannot help but notice that both are Republicans. Something is horribly wrong with that party, though the Clintonistic Democrats don’t trail far behind. (Maybe they just haven’t had the chance to be horrible in the same way.)

We need a return to simple decency and honor, high-mindedness, along with at least some statesmanship. Will we ever see it in a leader again?