Home | About | Donate

Dads Will Be Dads: Minnesota GOP Rep Drops Re-Election Bid Amid Longtime Sexual Abuse Charges By Daughter

Dads Will Be Dads: Minnesota GOP Rep Drops Re-Election Bid Amid Longtime Sexual Abuse Charges By Daughter

Another one for the party of Gross Old Predators: Jim Knoblach, a powerful, scuzzy Minnesota GOP state rep known for pushing multiple anti-choice bills, abruptly ended his re-election campaign after an MPR story detailed harrowing charges by his grown daughter that he sexually abused her for over a decade. Why don't women report? She did; read of his incessant grinding and touching and kissing even as she sought help from family, school, church and police. A brave young woman.

2 Likes

extremely brave. when you hear your grandmother defending your abuser is the kind of thing thousands of people are doing. it is not the females fault but we are led to not say anything, people might not like you or believe you. i hope that she finds peace with herself and learns to love herself more.

8 Likes

It is time…past time…for this society to send all of these (mostly) White, (mostly) Rich, (mostly) Old, Male Republicans into Retirement. They are dragging us down and holding us back in oh so many ways

4 Likes

All these sexual predators in high places…and more on the way. What this says to me is that too much power given to the male of the species results in deviance. Truly, power corrupts.

This article sickened me…not the writing…the content. The whole game of “protect the money, and by default, the money maker,” reeks. I feel great compassion for the poor “daughter” in this story. The ultimate betrayal–when someone who is supposed to protect you, instead exploits and violates you, and then blames it on you.

We live in a raping world. It starts right at the top and moves down the ranks to the very bottom of the pit. It happens in every aspect of life, from outright assault to usury, to all kinds of violence perpetrated on those “lesser than.” Even on animals and nature.

The human condition is terminal…great change is imperative.

4 Likes

I think you answered that already…It’s because of the “issues.” Christians tied themselves to the issue of abortion. No matter who runs or what that person is like, the Christian coalition will support that candidate. The “issue” will win out over the character of the candidate—and of course, the candidate knows this.

1 Like

…Lindsey Graham, Bob Corker and Orrin Hatch are the slimiest bunch of radical misogynists around, all white assholes that should have been put out to pasture a long time ago, actually jail would be better, sniveling snowflakes!!..

1 Like

…Explore the term ‘Wetiko’…

Wow, what a brave lady. Her dad began all this and she was 9 years old -------so mr. trump, she went to the school, the church, the police the family--------and no help----so that means it didn’t happen? Sadly America bombs and kills men , women and children all around the world--------but in America no one is safe from predators—military, government, and especially politicians, apparently if they are in a person’s family. Wow, I wondered what the state motto of Michigan was—but I found something better, the state bird… The Common Loon--------that pretty much stay it for her creepy father politician. ICK!

3 Likes

Thank you for guiding me to this exploration! Do you believe in “Synchronicity?”

I have been trying to re-connect to a level of spirituality that had seemed to be alluding me. I re-read James Redfield’s series of books: The Celestine Prophecy, etc. which led me to remember why I determined that “Raven” was my Zuni fetish–having to do again with synchronicity; which led me back to a book I read years ago (and found because it literally fell off the shelf at my feet: Hal Zina Bennett’s book on Zuni fetishes (which further establishes our spiritual connection to “Universal Consciousness,” which by the way is the goal here: To raise human consciousness levels. I also began re-reading Eckhart Tolle, another consciousness raising advocate, and having read all of Quinns works more than 3 times each, I think a message is being given me–loud and clear!

Indeed, Wetiko is a good replacement term for mine (Raping society). The article I read, written in 2016, made my jaw drop and my mouth hang open for nearly the whole long article!

Again, thank you Spirit brother.

Republican “pro-life” means only anti-abortion and their mean spirited anti-life policies prove it. Also, they conveniently forget that we have a separation between church and state.

…Thanks paularae, you made my day, I get off passing this stuff to willing folks. It seems to be the real deal, eh? Solid as a plasma! Newtonian sure doesn’t equal quantum physics…the former seems to be quite the road block unless crafted properly, which is quite different from what we were taught… You have a wonderful day now, ya hear?!

1 Like

Straight Up

Wow, what a brave soul she is, and the true torture of going to school, church, police, MOTHER et al, and being refused help and even worse. She should consider writing a book about this.

She moved so far away, and finding redemptive life in a beautiful place.