Home | About | Donate

Dangerous Hurricane Season To Open Amidst COVID-19

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/05/21/dangerous-hurricane-season-open-amidst-covid-19

1 Like

Not to worry. Trump will just cancel hurricane season. Problem solved.

2 Likes

These are good suggestions but they’ll probably just get rolls of Bounty thrown at them by an orangutan in a suit.

1 Like

Hurricanes are fake news. They are a hoax and never happen.

3 Likes

Thanks you two, I’ll pass the information on to my neighbors. :)))

3 Likes

Emergency response officials need to develop COVID-19-safe evacuation plans, with safe locations and enforced social distancing, taking into consideration those most vulnerable socially and economically.

All over the world this unfolds, as fearsome cyclones strike Philippines and India right this moment – not to mention the underwater chemical-soup plant in Midland, MI (where the governor called it a “500 year situation” – as usual). The goal of our federal agencies is to demonstrate incompetence: to actualize the dream Norquist had in his bathtub (while cruelly abusing his rubber ducky). The Norquist strategy was unveiled in 2005 with FEMA and Katrina. By now even the CDC is almost rotten to the core. Deliberately sabotaged by deranged opponents of any collective action ever, anywhere. Certainly not at home.

2 Likes

As a 'murikkkan, I have a right to god given hurricanes and not even Lord DJT can take that away from me. I urge all true patriots to join together on beaches all over SC, GA, FL, MS, LA, and TX to stand up for our rights to do whatever the hell we want, whenever we want, with no interference from the government. We can use our prays to keep us safe while firing our automatic, oops, semiautomatic weapons to drive away the storm.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a good thing that I have hung onto two 2-lot parcels inherited from my aunt nearly 20 years ago that are on high ground between St. Petersberg and Vero Beach in some place called Avon Park. Haven’t been to Florida since the early 70s on a surf trip…

But hey, it may become beachfront property! I can sell it to Trump for millions when he has to relocate Mar-a-Loco from the coast! Deal of the Century! I’ll be rich I tell you, rich!

Or not. Just how much elevation is there in Avon Park I wonder…

sealintheSelkirks

I wonder if the people in charge are deliberately destroying the earth, so that they can all go into their underground bunkers for a few years, and then emerge on a relatively cleaner and depopulated planet?

That would be a pretty stupid bet. With 500 nuclear reactors, most located in the northern hemisphere, that are ready to melt down within hours of the electricity going off poisoning the atmosphere for generations with a continuous spew of hot particles layering the planet, I’m thinking that coming out of those bunkers would be a very unintelligent move. Maybe the great-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g to the 10th power generation of grandkids might be able to.

Or not. Plutonium is very unforgiving. But it keeps on giving for…ever as far as human lifespans are measured.

Of course the ‘spaceships to Mars’ idiocy being pushed by the wealthy for the wealthy isn’t much brighter but hey, who said being wealthy ever made anyone intelligent? Being rich has nothing to do with IQ, just sociopathy and greed…and inheritance.

Then again, one has to add in the Superfund Sites and chemical factories and refineries and oil wells poking up out of the ocean all over the world and and and…ludwig, just where are those “relatively cleaner” depopulated parts of the planet going to be??? It’s going to be how many thousands of years before Fukushima cools down (if they can ever find the cores that are burning through the earth) or Chernobyl that keeps burning through it’s ‘containment’ dome…and there is just too much other bad crap to add in. Maybe in 10 million years this planet might have cleaned itself up enough to be worthwhile living on again. But we won’t be here because we’re a stupid short-sighted species that once had such potential…

sealintheSelkirks

Maybe the rich and powerful elite would turn off the nuclear reactors before going underground. But even if they didn’t, many if not most of them have their contingency plans to run and hide. Many of them are doing that now with the Covid-19 pandemic, where they have run to their supposedly safe retreats. The problem with this action, however, is that if there is no cure found for the current pandemic, they will then have to emerge eventually from whatever and wherever they are currently hiding themselves.

Micah 7:17 They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the Lord our God, and shall fear because of thee.