Home | About | Donate

Daniel Ellsberg Tells UK Court That US Seeks Both 'Revenge' Against Julian Assange and to 'Crush' Future Whistleblowers

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/16/daniel-ellsberg-tells-uk-court-us-seeks-both-revenge-against-julian-assange-and

5 Likes

His partner tweets that every morning they wake Assange up at 5am, handcuff him, undress and scan his body, and then drive him for 1.5hrs to the court house where he is boxed in a glass cage. And he is not even serving any sentence.

8 Likes

Thankyou Mr. Ellsberg.

~https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Pearl_Freedom_of_the_Press_Act

~https://english.elpais.com/elpais/2019/09/25/inenglish/1569384196_652151.html

~https://news.sky.com/story/jullian-assange-put-lives-at-risk-says-us-lawyer-on-first-day-of-extradition-hearings-11942089

~https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/feb/25/julian-assange-handcuffed-stripped-naked-claim-lawyers

~https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/sep/08/julian-assange-rapped-by-judge-after-outburst-during-extradition-trial

FREE JULIAN ASSANGE

12 Likes

Weren’t Assange and Roger Stone feeding false Russian data that helped Trump get elected?

Not false Russian data, but rather Russian hacked things that were particularly embarrassing to the Democrats. Always suspected Assange was taking a jab at Hillary who wanted him tried for treason.

What Assange is accused of is actually lesser than what Ellsberg released in terms of national security issues.

7 Likes

Hi Ludwig:
LOL, YOU can’t actually believe that Roger Stone person about anything—can you?
BUT–here is what I would like to know. The Guardian worked with Julian Assange and used his work----and so insane bitch British Judge isn’t the GUARDIAN, a British paper just as culpable of sending out real news too—and yet—nothing happens to them… Oh wait America, the NY Times and the Washington Post did too—and yet—and yet—nothing negative has happened to them. WHAT the people really want to know is who killed Seth Rich?

3 Likes

As soon as I saw the Wikileaks Collateral Murder video, showing just one of many incidents of our “brave heroes” killing journalists and children in their own country from a helicopter, I knew Assange, Manning and whoever else exposes the crimes of empire will be ruthlessly persecuted.
They tried to kill Chelsea, but she has survived, so far.
They’re tying to kill Assange.
Obama pursued whistleblowers with a vengeance, and Trump has continued that tradition.
Truth-tellers are always at risk in a society based on denialism.
Here’s the video:
~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

9 Likes

They might as well ask who killed cock robin or princess diana.

3 Likes

Or the newspapers here who did the Plaime stuff. Yeah same old. Love all

2 Likes

So don’t you find it strange that the “freedom of the press” act signed into law by obama himself in 2010 is widely neglected/overlooked/dismissed/ignored? Here it is:

~https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Pearl_Freedom_of_the_Press_Act

4 Likes

Hi wingsofadove:
sigh—I will always believe it was a Hillary person.

3 Likes

Our formerly “promising” and sometime progressive country (PKA) America has indeed and clearly to any thinking and well read person, has become an EMPIRE — and not just another in the human history of Empires, but a vastly and qualitatively different structure and type of EMPIRE that has neven infected our world before this 21st century.

Past ancient EMPIRES, the ‘nation-state’ Empires that Paul Kennedy identified as the “Great States — 1500 to 2000”, and even up to the ‘next to the last’ Empire on earth have never achieved sophisticated camouflage nor effective disguise (although the Nazi Empire beta-tested disguise with its facade of a mere single-party Vichy regime, which Frenchmen easily ‘saw through’ “Our Vichy Gamble” [William Granger Harvard OSS analyst and historian]. Earlier Empire were proud and openly arrogant, but this newest Global Empire hiding in plain sight is far more complex with eight sectors.

I have so often described this particularly insidious novel cancerous Disguised Global Empire as more dangerous, deadly, and cancerous than even the "next to the last Empire on earth — the Soviet or “Evil Empire” (aren’t they all, Ronnie?) — and indeed this current Empire, which I define as a uniquely Disguised Global Crony Capitalsit Empire, which is only nominally HQed in, and merely ‘posing’ as our former country.

Just today 9/16 I have written two comments to Thomas Edsall’s excellent column, "“Whose America Is It?”, in the NY “Times” trying to define the danger of this first effectively ‘Disguised’, truly Global, corrupted-Corny, and Capitalist-fueled EMPIRE — and I’ve also, further below quoted the leading political sociologist, Prof. Robinson often to warn folks:

"Thomas (Edsall), what you say is true, and much of the “natural advantage” of the principled left majority of Americans is compelling, but (as Slick Willie Clinton said in passive voice, "mistakes were made”) — and one of the biggest mistakes was to cede to the lumpenproletariat base of Emperor Trump’s declining base of very base people, was the left’s allowing the word “antifa” to have gained any power of persuasion.

As George Lakoff [UC Berkeley] proved in his “Don’t Think of an Elephant”, ‘words matter’ — and this ‘abbreviated-word’ allows ‘abbreviated-thinking’, which is why the term ‘antifa’ needed to be strongly preceded with the full logic of “Anti-fascist” — and rhetorically chained to the necks of the fascists, since fascism is a pathology of the right (not the left), and most importantly chained to the meta-causal cancer of EMPIRE.

I’ve used Disguised Global Crony Capitalist Empire, in describing what Prof. Robinson writes in his epochal “Global Capitalism and he Crisis of Humanity” and the greatest “Strategic Advantage” [Michael Porter HBS] for ‘we the people’ is that Emperor Trump acts exactly like an insane Global Emperor (aren’t they all?), and the historical reality that our own first American “Revolution Against Empire” [Justin du Rivage] now completing as a peaceful people’s political/economic, social, cultural & racial revolution – “Our Revolution” against Empire and Emperors — ignited by a “Shout (not shot) heard round the world”, and without the Muskets!"

“Whose America Is It?”, Thomas. The Disguised Global Crony Capitalist Empire, TCC, UHNWIs, and “Evil Geniuses” [Kurt Andersen 2020], that control America as the Empire’s nominal HQ, and through these dual-party Vichy-facades of faux-democracy.

“The U.S. state is a key point of condensation for pressures from dominant groups around the world to resolve problems of global capitalism and to secure the legitimacy of the system overall. In this regard, “U.S.” imperialism refers to the use BY transnational elites of the U.S. state apparatus (hard & soft powers) to continue to attempt to expand, defend, and stabilize the global capitalist system. We are witness less to a “U.S.” imperialism per se than to a global capitalist imperialism. We face an EMPIRE OF GLOBAL CAPITAL, headquartered, for evident historical reasons, in Washington.” [Caps added]

Global Capitalism and the Crisis of Humanity, 2014 Robinson, William Cambridge University Press

“Show me what democracy looks like”
“This ain’t what democracy looks like”
“This is what EMPIRE looks like”

3 Likes

Ellsberg is correct. Even so, what is just as bad is the pending extermination of the judicial system. Assange’s trial is the epitome of a kangaroo court. The virus of oligarchy hs so infected judicial systems around the globe that soon enough the term ‘justice’ will be labelled by The Ministry of Truth as crimespeak.

4 Likes

Hi ludwig.

The “false Russian data” that Assange was feeding was information about the corrupt practices of the right-wing anti-democratic corporation called the DNC. If he hastened the demise of the Democrat Party, I’d suggest he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. Sure, the Republican Party is even more horrendous. Both Parties should be abolished.

But, let’s say you are right, and Assange give Roger Stone data he got from Putin himself. So What! Excuses for the abuse, torture, and life long imprisonment, of people accused, or guilty of, political crimes is what progressives should be denouncing, not advocating.

5 Likes

And it will probably never come to its desired fruition because the ongoing climate crisis will overtake it. And if by some miracle it succeeds, the populace will be so brainwashed they won’t even notice. (As now they don’t notice the devastation going on around them.)

2 Likes

No. It’s the bloody brits taking orders from the US. Plain and simple. (Just the motions of a kangaroo court.)

Same with the ecuadorian embassy giving him up to the brits.

6 Likes

The authenticity of Wikileak’s publications has never been questioned. Including by Clinton, or Podesta, or others. In what source do you base the ‘False Russian Data’ claim? It seems to me that it is a FALSE claim.

4 Likes

Need I point out that the U.S. was spawned by GB- that bastion of Imperialism?

I think if you do some investigating, check out Grayzone, you will find that Russia had nothing to do with the mess. Evidence shows it to be an inside job go to story at youtube" DNC hack may have been inside job – NSA whistleblower"

3 Likes

Those who think they’re safe from the kind of government that has been pursuing Assange are ignorant of history. We must move on to something new and different while we can.

2 Likes