Home | About | Donate

DARK Act Vote in Senate Imminent: Will Congress Protect American’s Right to Know?

DARK Act Vote in Senate Imminent: Will Congress Protect American’s Right to Know?

Wenonah Hauter

On Monday night, Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS) filed a new version of the anti-GMO labeling bill widely known as the DARK Act, which would prevent states from requiring labeling of genetically engineered (GMO) foods and stop pending state laws that require labeling from going into effect. We urge the Senate to reject this bill that favors the interests of corporations over those of the people.

George Carlin: "You have no rights"

Before I saw your post, I intended to say that we needed George Carlan now to knock this...

Imagine how a comedy routine would work this "Dark Act" idea?

That Monsanto is so confident that the public will LIKE its products, and so confident that these products are safe that THEY have nothing to hide! They WANT people to know what they are eating... after all, isn't consumer CHOICE the holy grail of capitalism?

What happened to that "FREE" market that would allow Monsanto's frankenfoods to compete with what's left of the REAL thing?

Monsanto, war criminal, exposes its macho muscle by acting like a strict family (George Lakoff) authoritarian father:

"You WILL eat whatever I put on your plate! No questions asked!"

... While the brave troops kill Middle Eastern people, women and children among them... to protect your freedoms. Monsanto will determine what you are "free" to eat!

Monsanto--a crock of toxic shit corp. if ever there was one!