Home | About | Donate

Dark Money: What Might The Money Media Cover If They Weren't Covering Trump?

Dark Money: What Might The Money Media Cover If They Weren't Covering Trump?

Laura Flanders

Dark Money, Super PACs, shady multi-millionaires buying your democracy. When Americans were asked recently what they fear most, it wasn’t terrorists (unless you mean the sort that take over your TV at election time.) It was corruption of government officials.

It’s that fear that a certain multi-millionaire megalomaniac is playing into when he says "I’m so rich I can’t be bought - so vote for me."

So is voting for a billionaire to protect you from rule by billionaires a sensible way to fight money in politics? Not exactly. It just looks that way on TV.

Since Nixon and the Southern Strategy the republicans have been playing to white American prejudices. It has been the age old game of divide and conqueror. Under Clinton the democrats played the same game so today we have a country ready to split apart. What makes Trump so different from Nixon, Gringrich, or Reagan for that matter? With Hillary Clinton who called young Black men super predators hugging the mothers of those young Black men. America is a sick dysfunctional and dangerous country.

"Behind every great fortune is a great crime."
Chris Rock