Home | About | Donate

Day After Voting Down 10% Pentagon Cut, 37 Senate Dems Join GOP to Approve $740 Billion War Budget

And if you have to vote please considering supporting a third party candidate.

4 Likes

And instead of voting to invoke massive general strikes and boycotts.

8 Likes

The only way to get America back is to fire Democrats and Republicans. They work against US and against World Peace.

More congressional Democrats voted against the cuts in the House. Both California senators voted against the cuts as did my AZ Senator.

The incumbents must go.

12 Likes

Unless you are a war profiteering S.O. B.!

3 Likes

Democrats and Republicans agree on the following:
Total support for Israel
Do Wall Street’s Bidding
Unlimited Military Spending
Hostility to Russia and China
Full spectrum dominance
Let money rule politics
Neoliberalism rocks
Spy on everyone
Screw the old and poor
Oligarchy, not democracy
Vive US imperialism
Outlaw third parties
Crush the left
Regime change is cool

Differences:
Democrats, some stuff about abortion pro-choice, acknowledge climate change but do nothing about it.
Republicans, some stuff about pro life and guns, deny climate change.

16 Likes

Defense contractors do make campaign donations every morning at congress persons breakfast get together. One congress man allocated 25 million dollars to a Massachusetts 3D design software company and he is five states west.

The software has never been robust for evaluating, designing, drafting as others available.

When he retires, his unspent campaign funds become his personal property, tax free!

DC has more arrogance, disdain for citizens, and the three shells and a pea than anywhere.

3 Likes

Lets hope this will not always be the case. But the American Eagle is a war Eagle with a left and a right wing and until the public wakes up and destroys the Eagle unfortunately…it will always be the case.

3 Likes

Speaking as the editor (editor-in-chief, news editor, city editor, etc.) and reporter I once was, the above “report” typifies the incompetent journalism I find so vexing about Common Dreams: indeed this is at least the third time in the past two weeks CD has run a story RIGHTFULLY damning the Democratic (sic) Party for being what it truly is – the Republican Party’s Fifth Column – but then reduced the story to meaninglessness by failing to name the Deceptocrat perpe-traitors.

THIS IS CENSORSHIP.

The ONLY QUESTION is whether CD is deliberately protecting the Deceptocrats (which would be typical of Neoliberalism’s fake progressives), or is CD merely so amateurish and incompetent it fails to recognize that all it need do to provide the perpe-traitors’ identities is provide a link to the legislation.

3 Likes

Paragraph 2 of the article:

The annual military budget bill was passed with a vote of 86-14, with 37 Democrats joining the Republicans in supporting the proposal. View the full roll call here. [emphasis added]

The word “here” is the link.

5 Likes

We Must Rise together; keep on! Truly, that is People Power, We can bring Peaceful change!

1 Like

The House wants to add 3.6 bilion$ to
COMBAT CHINA WTF!?!

4 Likes

Three quarters of a trillion dollars to War Dept and bupkis for Post Office.
Does that mean soldiers will be doing another job they are not trained for, delivering the mail?

4 Likes

Neither the sentence you cite nor the link therein was in the version of this story that first downloaded.

Obviously it was added in response to my criticism.

Hence my thanks to whomever did so, for the link reveals – as I suspected it would – that Washington state’s “progressive” senators Cantwell and Murray are in fact amongst the most vicious Deceptocratic perpe-traitors, routinely lying to their Working Family constitiuents even as they malevolently intensify the stranglehold by which our Masters are methodically eliminating the tiny remnants of our former freedoms.

4 Likes

If you do a little surfing in your spare time you will find that most, if not all of the top ten spenders, have state-of-the-art ships, trucks, and planes for a fraction of the cost.

1 Like

still with the numbering thing to imply that it’s just a few “bad apples” supporting war when it’s essentially the mass of the Democratic party.

37 out of 45 is an overwhelming majority.

It would seem deceit is a bipartisan game, yes?

9 Likes

I might vote the LOTE. Who else can beat the worser of the evils?

Note how pseudo-progressive Washington state’s two senators – Deceptocrats Cantwell and Murray – are themselves fake progressives, proven so not only by their innumerable lies but how they routinely vote, as on the above, to tighten the stranglehold by which our Neoliberal (Neonazi) Masters are abolishing the few remnants of our former freedom.

Wake up, people. The sole purpose of bipartisan rhetoric is to con us into believing the Big Lie the Democratic (sic) and Republican parties are independent from one another – not merely the two mutually supportive halves of one definitively fascist juggernaut so omnipotent it now literally threatens all life on this planet.

12 Likes

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter with a half-million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron. – Dwight Eisenhower

19 Likes

No question for me! Common Dreams is in my opinion, one of the best Progressive sites on the net because of it’s perspicacious commenters, but you have made a good point. Also, CD has been gatekeepers for any articles about alternative 9/11 theories. And so has Democracy Now!

7 Likes

The people rising up.

1 Like