Home | About | Donate

Days After Attacking California's Efforts to Reduce Emissions, Trump EPA Threatens State's Federal Funding Over Poor Air Quality

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/24/days-after-attacking-californias-efforts-reduce-emissions-trump-epa-threatens-states

What a petty prick Trump is.

4 Likes

And in other news, the White House issued this warning:

“Floggings will continue until morale improves.”

Pardon my verbing, but doesn’t it appear that Pwesident Twump is trying to schizophrene Californians for voting the wrong way in 2016?

5 Likes

More Dumbf logic. Reminds me of a 60s snark slogan: "Kill for peace!"

2 Likes

CATCH 22 –

Catch-22 is a satirical novel by American author Joseph Heller. He began writing it in 1953; the novel was first published in 1961. Often cited as one of the most significant novels of the twentieth century, it uses a distinctive non-chronological third-person omniscient narration, describing events from the points of view of different characters.

1 Like

In Trump’s “mind” this makes perfect sense.

So do the three contradictory excuses he gave for withholding the aid $$$ to the Ukraine.

There’s actually a twitter thing called “Trump has a tweet for everything.” Because no matter what he tweets now, there’s a previous tweet that contradicts it. And the dumbass beat Hillary…

4 Likes

You just can’t make this off the wall stuff up. The trump regime has “rolled-back” numerous EPA (that’s P-for Pollution) regulations, and obama’s attempts to at least appear to be doing something, and now the idiot of orange attacks CA for poor air-quality!??

the mindset of this cretinous moron one day reduces air and water protections, the next he attacks CA for poor air quality - one of the only states that’s been trying to accomplish something. And that’s the thing, isn’t it? trump resents and feels threatened by what’s been going-on and his increased criminal liability. I said when he was selected thet given enough rope he/they would hang themselves, and the contempt for law, justice, civil-rights, and propriety has made him ignore basic laws of physics.- Newton’s third law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction; also expressed as “you cannot fool all the people all the time”, etc, etc

The health and safety of Americans has not even been on trumps radar, only further empowering polluting corporations, the oil & gas conglomerate, opened wilderness to logging and all manner of other really evil shite!
The mental illnesses he displays openly and his near incomprehensible thought structure is so barking mad it’s a wonder he can get up in the morning.

1 Like

But it’s OK, Congress - just keep him in office, even though you ostensibly are supposed to protect your constituents. And by the way, since Don doesn’t respect the U.S. government, impeachment is a waste of money and Congressional time. Better yet: Don has his U.S. citizenship rescinded. Just get the eff out, and do not return.

Catch 22 is one of the best books ever written. It was assigned reading in my college American Lit class. That was in 1966. I still have the battered paperback. The characters are extremely well developed and the dialog is the best ever. I loved reading chapters out loud to others.

The times we live in today really represent the Catch 22 of this novel. There is no legal or accepted way out of our situation either. I think we should try Orr’s approach. Just keep tinkering until we can just fly away :slight_smile:

By the way Good as Gold is pretty good too.

1 Like

I still think Hillary would have been worse and deserved to lose. Even to Trump. Can you just imagine how many wars she would have started or exacerbated? I will NEVER forgive her for what she did to Honduras with that coup. Libya was bad enough. Jebus! I can’t stand that evil wench…

Viva Berta!!

2 Likes

EPA has been corrupt and compromised almost from it’s inception. Take it from the EPA whistle blower in Poison Spring. Doesn’t matter whether it was under the administration of a D or and R. Only difference between Trump and his predecessors is that his corruption is out in the open instead of behind closed doors or pretty promises.

1 Like

Rebel –

Unfortunately, don’t think I’m familiar with “Good as Gold” – but will try
to find out something about it.

And, if I had a copy of Catch 22, I probably would be re-reading now.