Home | About | Donate

DC Bishop 'Outraged' by Trump Clearing Protests With Tear Gas and Using Bible as a Prop for Church Photo Op

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/02/dc-bishop-outraged-trump-clearing-protests-tear-gas-and-using-bible-prop-church

3 Likes

Damn, it took a long time for this message to get to the airwaves. It has been here in the forums for years now. Channeling (paraphrasing) Sinclair Lewis’ (1935) It Can’t Happen Here, “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross”, could yesterday’s display by Trump have been more obvious?

8 Likes

He could have goose-stepped to the church. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The boiling frog play book the GOP has applied during the past four decades dictates that goose stepping debut in the next act…er POTUS term…so its at least six months out.

The Houston Police Chief telling Trump that “this not The Apprentice” is wrong. For Trump, Moscow Mitch and the organized crime syndicate disguised as the GOP, this reality TV regime has provided the best return on investment the syndicate has ever had. He is the goose that lays golden eggs, soon to be the goose stepper whose license to steal and worse will have no expiration date.

The GOP cult loves the reality TV regime…they can remain deluded as they watch the authoritarians press their boots ever harder on the necks of people of color, literally and figuatively.

1 Like

I have to ask, did anyone get a close look at the book he was holding?
Are we sure it wasn’t Mein Kampf, written by Trumps favorite leader?

1 Like

That photo is proof that there is no Christian God. Because if there was a lightning bolt would have turned T to ashes for that blasphemy.

5 Likes

How can anyone who claims to be a Christian of any denomination support this abomination? The man’s policies and actions are demonic. He is possessed of the demons of hatred, avarice, and cruelty. He must be taken down asap.

5 Likes

I think this action by Trump would qualify as an act of war against his own citizens under international law. And should be called out as such. I suspect The Bible is really The Art of the Deal, photoshopped to look like The Bible, like the scene from Fried Green Tomatoes where the heroine uses Moby Dick to take the oath.
Fort Sumter has been fired on. What happens next is in our joined hands and hearts.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that I know of a place wide enough and deep enough for trump to shove that bible and his tear gas.
Trump revels in being what he is.

Superb, props to the Bishop for publicly and forcefully denouncing Trump.

We need thousands more public figures stepping forward with forceful public denunciations of this turd. We all need to see and hear people standing up to this pathetic infantile bully.

2 Likes

Here’s another one. Spike Lee calling dump a gangster:

~https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-52890620

1 Like

Watching that made my forehead twitch.

1 Like

I fully expected him to go up in flames.

3 Likes

What a disappointment.

Too bad Sinclair Lewis is deceased because the above picture would be a perfect cover picture for his prescient book: WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WEARING THE FLAG AND BE CARRYING THE BIBLE. ( MY PARAPHRASE)

He can’t walk that strenuously.

Carrying a bible-give me a break- the only god he believes in is himself, or as his son says “the only color he sees is green.”

A better tome would have been Andrew Carnegie’s, Gospel of Wealth; or better yet *the Management Principles of Ghengis Khan, * which truly summarizes his business model: there are predators and their are victims, you can be one or the other.

Or is that photo op signaling the start of another Christian crusade ?

Recall how many heads were lopped off in the name of Christ during the first crusades ?

Where are the snipers when you need them?