Home | About | Donate

Dear Clinton Team: We Noticed You Might Need Some Email Security Tips

Dear Clinton Team: We Noticed You Might Need Some Email Security Tips

Micah Lee

There is probably no one more acutely aware of the importance of good cybersecurity right now than Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman John Podesta, whose emails have been laid bare by Wikileaks, are being mined for news by journalists (including at The Intercept), and are available for anyone with internet access to read.

So as a public service to Podesta and everyone else on Clinton’s staff, here are some email security tips that could have saved you from getting hacked, and might help you in the future.

“slinging gusty bunny chill gift.”

How is that hard to crack? 4 X i, 4 X n, i+n could be followed by g.. 2 x g and g has to be followed by one of 5 vowels so gu comes up quickly.gu---how many words in English start gu? Two? n will commonly be preceded by one of 5 vowels so u pops up easily. unn, funny, bunny, runny, sunny???? Any letter-crunching software would break that password faster than you could say "Bletchley".

Dear HRC,
It seems to me that many of the mistakes you have made are related to an 'age' issue; I realize you are almost 70 years old, and even at 63 I have to write things down so I don't forget them. Indeed, I even have a whole 'password' book so that I don't have to remember each of them -- maybe this is something that you could utilize so that it isn't necessary for all those 'underlings' to protect you from things like press conferences, or even spontaneous opportunities to connect with those of us who are considering voting for you ... just kidding, I wouldn't vote for you even if I thought you would do a halfway decent job -- I lived thru the 8 years of your last co-presidency with Bubba, I will never willingly go thru anything like that again!

Anyone interested in avoiding being spied on is stupid to use google's Gmail.