Home | About | Donate

Dear Mackenzie: There's One More Donation You Owe to the World

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/12/17/dear-mackenzie-theres-one-more-donation-you-owe-world

1 Like

Criticism and acknowledgement? there has to be a better way of criticing!! a billionaire who gave 4.2 billion should not be critized. Geeze my spell check isn’t working. Praise! and point out more places/people that need monies, our privatize public water needs to be public along with electricity. It is stupidity that is not the case but republicans want everything for the people privatized.

2 Likes

excellent! She could do SO much good with her ill-gotten-gains. And she just might!

1 Like

This is awesome. You could add that she would secure a place in history as a champion of the people (we should do away with calling people labor, i.e., it’s not a labor movement, it’s a people’s movement). Hope she’s listening.

1 Like

This is why the Left always makes enemies. Someone does a good turn, and all Nolan can do is crap on her and tell her he’s going to confiscate everything anyway.

Rather than say “Thanks, and here are some other things you can do” the most he can say is “You’re not quite as scummy as some people…”

No wonder the Left drives people away. If you’re not ideologically as pure as the driven snow, someone’s going to attack you.

4 Likes

“I guess, just write a check and give every Ama­zon work­er a few thou­sand bucks. That would be nice for a pass­ing moment, but noth­ing would real­ly change.”

There is a story, most likely apocryphal but illuminating nevertheless, that two workmen spotted Baron Rothschild strolling in the park. They accosted him and said that one person should not have such wealth as he. Rothschild concurred. He produced his purse and took out two francs, saying that he was worth 40 million francs and that there were 40 million French people, and he handed one franc to each man…“And so here is your share”

Moral of the story is it is not the re-distribution of wealth that is required but something far more fundamental to the economic system…the abolition of the whole capitalist edifice.

4 Likes

Of course, that money should go to a labor movement

And not, as has so long been the case, a labor stagnant.

2 Likes

Hi unlikelysource:
Wow, if Mackenzie does help create a labor union for Amazon----then maybe someday I will actually use Amazon to buy something. : )

2 Likes

I’d wait to see if that union’s “leadership” will put its (gender
neutral) balls where its mouth is.

Okay, that didn’t come out right … but you get the drift, I hope.

1 Like

I think the article was fair, but should have been a bit more praise. You don’t know what part of building Amazon she was, if any at all.

If that last sentence was off you might have had her on your side. Senseless threats weren’t helpful to winning your point, or anyone over…at all. Sorry.

1 Like

Yes, this reminds me of Harris’s being unable to say simply Bravo! to McConnell’s recent statement on Biden’s election.

The criticisms here are completely uncalled for. They are out of line, bad taste and something you would expect from a low life. That said, financing the unionization of Amazon would be a combination of altruistic good will and a poke in the eye for her ex. In other words, a win-win situation.

1 Like

With you on your first two sentences.

Hi unlikelysource:

Yes, I get your drift and it was very funny too! ; )

1 Like

Sick and tired of “charity” by billionaires. They should not be allowed to amass so much money for themselves. Are we suppose to kneel and bow at their feet in humble thanks and admiration?
We should not be a nation of charity cases. If billionaire paid their fair share of taxes and gave their employee proper compensations we would not need charity!

Post WTO Countries arent allowed to help people any more, not like they used to. Are you in the US?