Home | About | Donate

Dear Senators: I Took an Oath to Do No Harm. You Should, Too

Dear Senators: I Took an Oath to Do No Harm. You Should, Too.

Samantha Cerra

Dear Members of the U.S. Senate,

My name is Samantha and I have been a pediatrician for exactly 360 days. I work in Southwestern Virginia, for a hospital system that also provides care to underserved parts of West Virginia and Tennessee. We mainly work with struggling families that rely on Medicaid to provide health care to their children. That means, at this exact moment, you are debating a bill that would directly impact the children that I took an oath to serve.

This young lady has more integrity than the entire Republican Senate.

War, sticking it to the poor, taking bribes from fossil fuel companies, allowing lead et al in the water.

Asking a senator to "first do no harm" is asking them to quit their job.

Oh, and here's a somewhat old article about the type of health insurance congressfolks get. Supposedly it has to be Obamacare. Sort of. Not really. No. And when they do purchase it from heathcare dot guv, they get a 72% discount.

Public Servants should also take an Oath to Tell the TRUTH, the WHOLE TRUTH, and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, for the entire time that they are in Office, under pain of being charged with Perjury.

Mendacity should not have to be tolerated, from those who are given the Public Trust.

I consider politicians professional liars that say what they have to to keep the power and prestige that comes with the territory.