Home | About | Donate

Death and Disappearance: Inside the World of Privatised War

Death and Disappearance: Inside the World of Privatised War

Abigail Fielding-Smith, Crofton Black

Man Bahadur Thapa had his doubts about the safety of the travel arrangements. Taliban spies were everywhere in the Afghan capital, and the bus transporting him and the Canadian embassy’s other guards, all Nepalese and Indian, was unarmoured. But Thapa was used to pushing worries to the back of his mind. After all, he thought, the British company he worked for was trustworthy. So, as he did nearly every day, the 50 year-old boarded a yellow and white minibus and rode through the Kabul dawn to his shift.

0 Likes

All this changed after 9/11 and the sad thing is the same people behind 9/11 have never been held accountable for 3,000 innocent, American deaths and that means they would do it again if the need arises.

1 Like

Just the (soldiers alone) that Bush and Cheney are responsible for with the attacks on Afghanistan and Iraq. Approximately 6,000 + DEAD. Approx. 50,000 wounded.
I have not a clue as to how many civilians have been bulldozed into mass graves.
3,000 with 9-11 and what, about 1,000,000 others. WTF

We are ONE whipping up of hate and fear from becoming a Nazi clone, and full scale war.
If congress can’t find a way to unfund these war mongers our fate is sealed.

Some day the bully is going to get a bloody nose.

2 Likes

From the article:

“I had a dream I could do something better than farming…”

There are very few things that are, in the long run, better than farming. Killing strangers for money isn’t one of them. I understand Mr. Thapa’s sense of betrayal, but I can’t sympathize.

1 Like

It is sad…farming and agriculture should be at the center of any civilization. The farmer grows and feeds. They are compensated no where like military industrial manufacturers or tech companies. Who can eat a missile or a computer, for that matter? We need a complete reformation of our culture/society and, I think, farming should be very near the top in order of priorities.

3 Likes