Home | About | Donate

Debating Bernie on Medicare for All and Coronavirus, Biden Declares: 'I Don't Want to Get This Into a Back and Forth in Terms of Our Politics'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/15/debating-bernie-medicare-all-and-coronavirus-biden-declares-i-dont-want-get-back-and

5 Likes

Of course you don’t, Dementia Man. You can’t argue on policy, only the myth that you’re more electable. It’s the Establishment Dim, closeted Republican, way.

23 Likes

Biden: “I don’t want to argue, Bernie…this is a debate after all…hey, one of you sex pots is smelling awfully good from up here! Come give unca Joe a whiff a that!”

12 Likes

“I don’t want to get this into a back and forth in terms of our politics.”

Last time I checked, a “back and forth in terms of politics” was exactly what a political debate was supposed to be about.

39 Likes

Of course he doesn’t want a back and forth because he’s definitely on the wrong side and this pandemic exposes that very clearly. Besides that if he has to defend himself or talk too long, he could show his confusion and cognitive deficit.

23 Likes

CNN Live Stream
~https://democrats.org/debate-live-stream/

Biden is using many of the Right wing talking points and red bating Sanders. He is on the attack. Using Obama’s legacy. Sanders better get on the attack.

From The Intercept:

~https://theintercept.com/2020/03/15/biden-sanders-ticket-coronavirus-dnc/

If the DNC were to take action to cancel the primaries and crown Biden with most states’ voters disenfranchised, it would shatter the party’s credibility.

14 Likes

Well, of course not. He’d be way better off shooting rubber bands.

2 Likes

My god, watching Biden is like watching a monkey play with himself.
The nation will be in a deep recession come Election Day, and totally failed and disastrously inept president just may get re elected because, well, Joe Biden.

21 Likes

The inept el trumpo will blame the virus for disrupting the world’s economy and trade. He will convince Ohio, Pennsylvania, And the rest of the northwest territories - except Illinois - to vote for him and they will give him their electorial.

I do think you are correct about the deep recession. The past six days have big banks and wall street seeking cash to buy low in the stock markets right now. It is not about needing liquidity (cash) for paying employees as MSM whines. More genuine net worth flowing rapidly from average Joes to the traders.

2 Likes

Bernie landed major punches to Biden’s record. Go Bernie!

21 Likes

Yes indeed. It was uncomfortable for him to do so but I think he pushed it hard. The “back and forth” is sure to get the pundit’s juices flowing so we will hopefully have more of these one-on-ones. Go Bernie!!!

13 Likes

I think Biden’s health care plan should be named the Corona Plan.

His plan only covers you if you have been exposed to the Corona Virus. So people who can’t afford any other medical needs are left weighing the option of exposing themselves to Corona, and getting treated, or dying of some other medical condition.

13 Likes

And the orange moron will have the kings crown ruling over the land.

3 Likes

The problem with this piece of political theater is that, short of Joe passing out, shitting his pants, and forgetting who he is until Wednesday, the Democratic faithful, that is to say, the boomers that vote democrat, and the black primary voters, will dutifully support Joe.
They vote out of fear, and low expectations. Joe is their guy

11 Likes

Hey Joe, your “I care” post-its kept falling off of the tattoos of your corporate sponsors. Might want to work on that. Oh never mind, Bernie’s breath of fresh air will just keep blowing them away. Five more minutes and your handlers would have had to come out and wind you up for more spin. Ef off Perez, the 2020 version of Wassersman-Schultz. At least the Republicans don’t hide their agenda like the corporate Democrats. Still proud to be a Progressive Independent. It’s just me and the Maytag repair man it seems sometimes.

12 Likes

Wait… The Party has credibility? That’s fake news

12 Likes

What a useless coward Dementia Joe is.

There is no way .

3 Likes

That looks more like a bad cameraperson who just didn’t follow him as he was walking while talking on his phone. The trouble with the “Biden is all demented” theory is that he was always prone to ridiculous gaffes and looking out of touch - that’s why he was always such a lousy presidential candidate. The biggest difference with this run is that he has the full fledged support of the establishment Democrats in this campaign because of their fear of Bernie.

5 Likes

And why was so much time devoted to “How would you deal with the virus that is happening today”?

Specifics only about this virus, not fix the system that is broken, but this is the only problem ever and has to be dealt with as if it was separate from all of the other problems and then it will be fixed and never happen again.

Then remember, no matter who is elected, they won’t be in any position to do ANYTHING until next year. Why was so much time wasted talking theory and not debating policy or fact? Does anyone actually think this is all going to wait until next year for Biden to do almost nothing to fix a broken system… that is the real issue.

11 Likes

Biden doesn’t want to touch any other problem until some indefinite time “after this crisis is over”. Which means that we will be right back where we are now when the next crisis comes up.

4 Likes