Home | About | Donate

Declaring 'Power In Numbers', People Rally Nationwide for Peace with Iran

Our military industrial complex would rather see armed conflict with Iran and many of our Congressional leaders only recognize the sound of their voice. Acts of hostility are very profitable so the right vote in the House and Senate just might reap a fat check for the re-election coffers.

Any US attack on Iran without UN approval will be an international crime.

To be added to the international crimes of attacking Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Nicaragua, Iraq and no doubt a few more??

Even WITH UN approval, "we" have committed
numerous, and MASSIVE, GENOCIDAL, crimes
against humanity.
It is understandable that people in Iran, whether
pro- or anti-government, would want to support
just about ANY kind of agreement that would stave
off another war.
But WE in this country should know better by now-
that NEITHER of "our" corporate parties is really interested in peace. And that unfortunately includes Bernard Sanders. (I USED to call him "Bernie".)
Iran has not invaded another country in centuries. Our country HAS, -AND under false pretenses! Remember "WMD's"? - Mistake, or lies? (Search: "Downing St. Memo".)
On top of that, the Obama administration has chosen to give "Absolute Immunity for everything"* to Bush, Cheney, et al. http://www.commondreams.org/search/site/ABSOLUTE%20IMMUNITY
No accountability. Please read the above article, and
ask yourself and others- why this wasn't in "the news".
How many Americans have forgotten, or never knew, that the U.S. overthrew the elected leader of Iran,
(a moderate Social Democrat), in 1953, and installed
the torture regime of the Shahs, and their notorious
secret police, SAVAK.
More Americans should know that "we", ("our" government) did the same sort of thing in a long
string of other countries: Haiti, Guatemala,
Nicaragua, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Congo, Chile, Argentina, Indonesia, East Timor, ad nauseum... "We" have a pattern!
Considering "our" many crimes, 'er mistakes, couldn't one make a case that it is the U.S.- that should not be trusted with nuclear weapons? My Father, a WWII
veteran, when asked how much the military budget
should be, said "I wouldn't give 'em a penny! If they
had five dollars, they'd give a pocket knife to some dictator to torture people."
This is a DEAL WITHOUT BALANCE; Iran is told they are not to be trusted with nuclear weapons, (when our own National Intelligence Estimates have concluded that Iran was NOT pursuing nuclear weapons).
Meanwhile, "we" are the only country to USE nukes, on civilians no less, and offered them to the French at Dien Bien Phu, and have a long history of dishonesty in our foreign policy, but "we" should be trusted with nuclear weapons, even as Gorbachev says we are risking nuclear war with our military moves in Eastern Europe right now?
Are "we" truly seeking peace? PLEASE! Take a look at the "liberal-centrist" think tank: Brookings Institution's "Which Path to Persia?"
http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/2011/02/brookings-which-path-to-persia.html
We, the American people, need to do our homework. That also means checking out, yes, even SEARCHING OUT! other sides of a story!
Otherwise, are we any better than the German people of the 1930's and '40's, who chose to just trust their government, and "just follow
orders"?
We should oppose the OVERT HAWKS- who want to
go straight to war for "our" oil and strategic real estate.
BUT WE SHOULD BE EVEN MORE VIGILANT ABOUT THE SLICKER, (covert) HAWKS, LIKE OBAMA, CLINTON AND SANDERS, WHO WILL
S O U N D REASONABLE, THEN STAGE A PHONY
PROVOCATION TO GET MASS SUPPORT FOR
THE NEXT WAR, AND THE NEXT, AND THE NEXT,
AND....NUCLEAR WAR AND/OR ECOCIDE.

You're a bit on the cynical side when calling Obama and Sanders "slicker Hawks". Both quite clearly oppose unnecessary military action including overt war.

How about quoting a few right wing candidates, elected officials, and pundits for some balance? Otherwise I can only assume you are one of them and trying to sabotage progressive voices.

Hell, everybody knows the "Right Wing Hawks," but the Obamabots seem to forget that Øbama used his position to get the alleged Democrats to back virtually every vicious, profit oriented, power oriented thing the "Republicans" proposed.
* He has backed, permitted or supplied every war, every dictator, that has been willing to kill anyone who doesn't agree with Fourth Reich policies since he was elected.
* Sanders speaks well, but he never met a war or Pentagon budget or an Israeli war support and supply bill that he didn't back.
* I don't know how we can get rid of this trash and actually get honest representatives of We the People into government, but we'd better figure something out soon or we are gong to find ourselves sliding from 1930s Germany into the 1940s variety.
* Remember, Bush had the camps built and they are still there, waiting for "guests." Øbama never had them removed, he just increased surveillance and allows increased and more intimidating police brutality. (Hitler had the SA to do that)
* I'm glad I'm an old man. I remember, but I won't last long enough to have to live through the sequel.
;-})