Home | About | Donate

Declaring 'Tremendous Trust' in Big Pharma, Trump Threatens to Block Stricter Covid Vaccine Standards

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/24/declaring-tremendous-trust-big-pharma-trump-threatens-block-stricter-covid-vaccine

1 Like

President Donald Trump late Wednesday threatened to block the agency’s push for tougher standards because he trusts for-profit pharmaceutical corporations to conduct adequate safety testing.

If they are so trust worthy and will perform adequate testing, why not lower the standards while at the same time allowing anyone to sue the CEO and Board members of these pharmaceuticals. IF they have the same confidence Trump does, they won’t mind… Right?

9 Likes

I am a regular blood donor. I go to the location where Miss Darlene trains the newbies and I am raw meat and so what. I am an easy stick. If they can’t get me, they need to find another vocation. All that being said, I’ll not trust any prick that the Prick-in-Chief wants to rush into my veins. Sorry, the turnip wagon is quite a ways back and I got my thinking back now…

4 Likes

The wrong vaccine could result in a big two stage problem, if a mutated coronavirus comes along later, due to antibody dependent enhancement.

~~https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=antibody%20dependent%20enhancement

I wish Trump could have heard what the employees of biotech companies had to say about them when I was a regular at a biotech and neuroscience themed potluck for ten years in the 80s and 90s. He wouldn’t be so quick to trust these profit-mad firms.

6 Likes

Trump continues to display his fascism and ignorance.
Trusting Big Pharma. Does the orange fool not know about Big Pharma’s history of pushing out dangerous drugs, using doctors as salespeople, paying bribes, hiding negative test data, covering up its drugs’ dangers?
He is in bed with these corporations, handing them our federal money, putting their profits and his political goals ahead of public safety.
This greedy, lying, traitorous POS should have been facing constant impeachment trails, as well as a general strike barricade around the White House and all his golf courses, hotels, and other properties.

6 Likes

This is not leadership, this is deliberate mass murder. Horrible. This sociopath has to be removed. Try the vote then get ready for a General Strike and total, rolling, non cooperation.

"You can kill the Revolutionaries but you can’t kill the Revolution."

Fred Hampton

5 Likes

As far as a certain bet concerning the percentage of Americans who will choose to get vaccinated goes, I’m thinking @dpearl has an uphill climb right now. I believe he said 70% or up, I took the under. Nice.

1 Like

As with all things, it is not a wise idea to believe anything this asshole says, the trump is completely corrupt in all and, any ways, whoever believes in him/it, or anything he says, has a serious problem with their thinking, and perception of realtiy.

5 Likes

Anyone else remember the first, rushed, polio vaccine that infected hundreds and had to be withdrawn from use?

4 Likes

Yep - with the rise of “Dr” Atlas, it’s not looking good for my argument. I had always felt that 70% would be accomplished over the whole 2021 year - not all at once when it first comes out. But now that Trump has his minions actively believing in this sick “good-for-the-healthy-to-get-sick” theory I would definitely rather be on your side of the bet.

1 Like

This country is captured and both parties are in on it. Trump is trying to drive voters to Biden. he doesnt want to serve a second term.

Whats happening is the country is being forced to endorse the leadership thats sold out our nations right to regulate itself to set up a global corporate state.

What the rich are trying to do is manufacture consent that does not exist.

Both parties are captured, and we need to get out of this TRAP. This blog seems to be trying to ignore this set of facts as are all the others. But the Democratic Party has been totally captured, like the GOP has.

The things Trump is doing, just as Biden will do are all locked in and cant be reversed except at tremendous cost. What is it about stealing democracy we dont understand?

90% of the things people keep talking about are prevented because of FTAs, all economic changes have to benefit corprations so they are the opposite of what people need, thats how it works, also they want to replace workers in better paid jobs with cheaper ones on a grand scale, that use subcontractors, guestworkers. many of them now are managed by Indian firms but they are mostly in IT and a few other firlds, guestworkers will expand to at least 15 or 20 of the core professions that employ professionals and semiprofessionals all around the country, including nurses, teachers, etc.

We agreed to this in the mid to late 90s. The only dispute is about when it starts. (Look up “single understanding” AND “Uruguay Round”)

That may happen very soon due to WTO dispute 503. The middle class’s very existence in the future both here and in other countries who this new legal precedent would apply to are hanging by a thread.

Every two years the WTO meets and demand more liberalization. More privatization.

Unless you think having your job turned into precarious labor likely done by people from other countries here, and early retirement for you (but on your own, likely without social security because more and more Americans wont be paying in because we wont be working) and most of the other people you know, because youre all too expensive to employ, is okay, you should be speaking up.

We’re being misled on a massive scale. This is very easy to show on the WTO site.

Thats going to cause a massive economic disaster, and they know and dont care as they want to pop the bubble again, taking with it millions of people only equity.

they also want to get rid of Medicare and Social Security and replace them with for profit, like a 401k and overseas healthcare for the most destitute poor with no fungible assets that US companies then mark up a lot.

Also trade agreements may block extending the ACA because it likely was a violation of WTO financial services standstill, from the start. So only permitted because of the 2010 financial services emergency.

Are people blind that they dont see this coming? What the hell is wrong with us?

1 Like

In China there was a similar problem with a SARS vaccine several years ago. It actually made the situation worse. Luckily it only killed animals not people.

Look up “Original Antigenic Sin” and “Antibody Dependent Enhancement” on your favorite medical database - you wont find anything about these kinds of issues in the news media, thats a total waste of time because news media dont understand anything like this so they just repeat what the PR people tell them. Which is as often as its not, bullshit.

2 Likes

This article is about Trump’s craven ignorance, not about “both parties.”
Further, there huge, significant differences between the Democratic Party and the GOP. Here are the things the GOP is doing that the Democratic Party does not do, and opposes.

• Preserve and expand white supremacy, gun culture, the Confederacy movement.
• Make it impossible for women to legally and easily access contraceptives and abortion. In general, reinforce a rigid, sexist, brutal patriarchy.
• Get rid of all regulations and enforcement agencies related to environment, workplace safety, sexual harassment, discrimination, consumer fraud, etc.
• Empower police, secret interagency officers, federal troops and the military to be used domestically against law-abiding, protesting citizens, using tactics/equipment meant for a war zone.
• Stop all efforts to reform policing; empower police to be even more violent, racist, militarist, and unaccountable.
• Destroy Social Security and Medicare.
• Privatize and/or shut down public school infrastructure. Use schools for jingoistic propaganda and brainwashing.
• Bust all unions
• Encourage and defend violence against journalists; demonize journalists.
• Privatize and otherwise destroy our public lands.
• Sabotage elections. Allow foreign money and intelligence agencies to subvert elections. Sabotage the right to vote and access to voting.
• Destroy the UN and the International Criminal Court in The Hauge.
• Privatize and otherwise destroy the USPS.
• Install a Christian Evangelical theocracy.
• Ally America more and more with Putin, MBS, Erdogan, Duterte, Bolsonaro, Kim Jong Un, and all the other most despotic, horrible rulers.
• Turn the president into a King; set up a Trump family dynasty succession in the Oval Office. Make nepotism a staffing policy.
• Create a cult of personality that worships Donald Trump as “God’s chosen one,” creating an army of rabid, armed traitors primed for a second Civil War.
• Make the president and president’s cronies immune from investigation, subpoenas, and imprisonment.
• Empower right-wing vigilantes to work with police to attack protesters. Defend right-wing extremist violence. Promote insane Q-Anon and other dangerous conspiracy theories.
• Stack Supreme Court and all federal courts with right-wing lackeys.
• Get rid of Obamacare and block other health care expansion.
• Use DOJ against law-abiding citizens while preventing it from taking action against real criminals. Use DOJ, HHS, ICE and other agencies as a private army serving the president.
• Pardon war criminals and other miscreants.
• Attack climate science, pandemic science, environmental science and most other science to further corrupt, destructive capitalist/political agendas.
• Weaponize space.
• Take away hard-won new rights from LGBTQ.

Please stop spreading false equivalencies.

1 Like

Ah, but a Dictator can do what he chooses.

1 Like

Please stop spreading false information.
I just dont want to see our country taken over completely by corporations.

Even if our oligarchs have already promised other oligarchs in treaties to do it (unfortunately they HAVE) its illegitimate and illegal.

Your logic also makes no sense. I have no intention of voting for Trump.
I am not saying that biden is doing ALL those things, however some fairly high percentage of those thing you blame on Trukmp are actually the embedded ideology of BOTH PARTIES that they are hiding.

But lets just focus on whether Biden’s little gift of expanding Medicare just a little bit, will kill it from being what older people without lots of money need, especially given as they fully intend toputsource potentially millions of jobs, I can prove that in five minutes of your time, unfortunately.

I realise youre desperate to make the two look hugely different and Trump is doing his jobs if that job is to scare people into voting for Bden (isnt it obvious) to create false manufacturing of consent. Nobody in their right mind would vote to gut Medicare and Social Security but we already agreed in a treaty decades ago to do it, so WTF are they going to do. What they should do is say “we fucked up” we made a mistake and we want out of the deal. Is that so much to ask?

Stop trying to mislead us and change the subject.

I dont know about you but a vast majority of Americans really cant afford the bullshit youre selling Both Trump and dishonest Biden are huge changes this country cannot afford. If we get out of GATS and huge sanctions are asseed, we need out next President to take that money from the places where the money has gone.

Not from the people. get it?

Now you and your dishonest creepery, begone.

Proof of all this is easy to find on my web site.

Do you understand that they are stealing all the economically important things, and trading away potentially millions of jobs people depend on to eat? You better.

This is a scam, a shameless scam. You people are disgraceful. I hope you are all kicked out of the DEMOCRATIC party. You wouldnt know democracy if it bit you you know where.

You know I’m right. I beg all of you to consider what you are doing, step away from your hytrionics and consider how in order to get this term, youre all lying so shamelessly and going to destry the precious trust that holds this country together, you’ll also be destroying the reputations of millions of Democrats who did not bargain for your dishonesty nor should we be held responsible for it. We’re falling into Donald Trumps trap by being so evil. Dont you realize that buried in Trumps lies thare are nuggest of partial truth, intended so that when we lose all these things, we’ll be the ones blamed. This is what happens when liars lie. It just makes everything worse and worse. There is no way you are going to be able to spin all of the crooked deal going back to 1986 on Donald Trump. What will be obvious is that the rich people of the world literally stole America. Why? Us workers are too expensive, they say, they want to replace us.

This is not a lie, its the unfortunate fact. Truth. I urge you to look at two works one by Alan Blinder, priceton economist and a replication study of his work how many US jobs are offshorable. Unfortunately he left out public service jobs which will be hit espcially bad because of GATS, Blinder found 26%.; Roughly one in four. A Harvard replication study found 47% Both studies looked at the same slice of people so both studies left out public services, the main target of GATS prvatization and globalization. So the real number may be more like 65%. 65% of our jobs could be lost because of these trade deals and their huge sell out of the country. Why do they hate Social Security? One reason is its standing in the way of outsourcing millions of jobs. Another is they dont want to be blamed for the disasters that will befall millions of people. Another is these deals embed ideology which is 100% againstpublic services - aggressively against them, globally. We want rich people to come here and poor people to go elsewhere. They are fully prepared to make this country into a hell for poor people.

You know I’m right.

What do you have to say for yourself? Please, I beg you, if you are a Democrat, go back to the people who sign your paycheck and tell them they are wrong. They are on the wrong side. There is still time to make this right. IF we unite. AGAINST NEOLIBERAL THEFT OF OUR COUNTRY;.

1 Like

One of the co-authors of the paper in Health Affairs that explains how attempting to “expand” medicare beyond the people in Social Security will trigger a WTO challenge is now the Chief Economist, East Asia and Pacific at the World Bank

~https://www.worldbank.org/en/about/people/a/aaditya-mattoo

There are several reasons why they want to force us to go overseas for healthcare. One is because its cheaper and its hard to justify spending a lot of money on a country full of permanently unemployed people, as I said, in the world they want, we will be unemployable because we just cost too much.

Its not personal its just that the value of our lives is determined by our earning capacity and it will become zero or close to it because other much cheaper workers will be availalble. People will be losing their homes and trying to keep them whie they pointlessly look for other jobs which they dont realize will not be there for them, because we can bet the government isnt going toell people what had happened because then people would stop buying useless junk. The government which clearly sees its main dutues to corporations wil just let people dig themselves deeper and deeper rather than say, we sold you down the river into slavery. (due to being duly convicted of a crime) Because that is indeed what will happen, many people will probably end up in prison because it will be the only way to get healthcare they can afford. Because our FS regulations are supposed to revert to their state in 1998, when there was no pre-existing conditions protection. loss of protection from GATS will also mean that the aspect of Medicare that makes it guaranteed issue will be lost, so that means a very high percentage of people will be totally uninsuranble outside of employer plans, because thats just the way they want it and this is tyhe country thats the most gung ho about doing what the cororations want, so a huge number of people may literally have to leave the country - at least for any kind of hospital procedures. We’ve been lied to in dozens of ways in order to lead us into this trap.

Why do they have to go back to the situation on the standstill date? its a common type of clause in trade deals and this particular one is perhapsthe best known one in the world,

(some history of itis in here…“Financial Services, the WTO and Initiatives for Global ‘Financial Reform’”

by Chakravarthi Raghavan (of SUNS) Its at the g24 dot org web site…

there you’ll see how hard we push this embedded hard core neoliberal ideology, so there is almost nil chance we would do anything else. Lots of what we’ve been told is buillshit. And this is pretty easy to show. the reason people believe it is because they trust the media and politicians when they really shouldn’t have in this situation.

Instead they should look at what we do in international fora, not what we say here.

I’m sorry, I know what its like to fall for bullshit promises very well. It can almost kill you. Thats why I am so pissed because I know this scam is likely to kill a LOT of people from heartbreak.

This is the place where you have to decide, more bullshit forever, or truth?

@CommonDreams

PS- reading through this list, a great many of these issues, if you care about them, have the neoliberal takeover behind them, the Trump situation is a cover up so they can do these things in order to create a global free fire zone for corporations.

Here is your list. There is an X after the ones that have full or partially cuased by this global theft scheme.

Preserve and expand white supremacy, gun culture, the Confederacy movement.  FTAS are recolonization.  XXXXXXXX

• Make it impossible for women to legally and easily access contraceptives and abortion. In general, reinforce a rigid, sexist, brutal patriarchy. XXXXXXXXXXX They want women ti be baby machines so they can literally sell their nomarital children!
• Get rid of all regulations and enforcement agencies related to environment, workplace safety, sexual harassment, discrimination, consumer fraud, etc. XXXXX This is their core agenda, total deregulation, irreversibly so all the wealth can be stolen , none goes to the people of any country people are evicted from all home and land… XXXXXX
• Empower police, secret interagency officers, federal troops and the military to be used domestically against law-abiding, protesting citizens, using tactics/equipment meant for a war zone. XXXX see below.
• Stop all efforts to reform policing; empower police to be even more violent, racist, militarist, and unaccountable. XXXXXXXX They want to outsource it to employ major crooks from dictatorships here because its cheaper.
• Destroy Social Security and Medicare. XXXXXXXXXX Job #1 for them
• Privatize and/or shut down public school infrastructure. Use schools for jingoistic propaganda and brainwashing. XXXXXX I’m with you on brainwashing, our whoe country has been brainwashed.
Bust all unions XXXXX stand in the way of global theft/capture
• Encourage and defend violence against journalists; demonize journalists. XXXX hide the truth
• Privatize and otherwise destroy our public lands. Trade deals privatize everything everywhere… XXXXX
• Sabotage elections. Allow foreign money and intelligence agencies to subvert elections. Sabotage the right to vote and access to voting. GATS makes voting unable to fix anything XXXXXX
• Destroy the UN and the International Criminal Court in The Hauge. XXX I know literally nothing about this. XXXXX
• Privatize and otherwise destroy the USPS. XXXXXXXXXXXX Privatize everything
• Install a Christian Evangelical theocracy. ???: Distraction from real issues, not the genuine way any of them think.
• Ally America more and more with Putin, MBS, Erdogan, Duterte, Bolsonaro, Kim Jong Un, and all the other most despotic, horrible rulers. XXXXXXXXXXXX They want to prop up despots because they allow the pillaging of raw materials, etc.
• Turn the president into a King; set up a Trump family dynasty succession in the Oval Office. Make nepotism a staffing policy. ??? They want to make money everything… Trump is basically a n actor. IMHO.
• Create a cult of personality that worships Donald Trump as “God’s chosen one,” creating an army of rabid, armed traitors primed for a second Civil War. XXXX they will do literally everything to distract and divide the country to hide the truth which is a huge global theft of the planet from all of us, all its people. For MNCs.
• Make the president and president’s cronies immune from investigation, subpoenas, and imprisonment.??
• Empower right-wing vigilantes to work with police to attack protesters. Defend right-wing extremist violence. Promote insane Q-Anon and other dangerous conspiracy theories. ??
• Stack Supreme Court and all federal courts with right-wing lackeys. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
• Get rid of Obamacare and block other health care expansion. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
• Use DOJ against law-abiding citizens while preventing it from taking action against real criminals. Use DOJ, HHS, ICE and other agencies as a private army serving the president. XXX likely a side effect of trying to hide this situation
• Pardon war criminals and other miscreants. ~ War is being promoted because trade deals are promising to eventually outsource and globalize most non war government sending
• Attack climate science, pandemic science, environmental science and most other science to further corrupt, destructive capitalist/political agendas. XXXXXXXX
• Weaponize space. ?
• Take away hard-won new rights from LGBTQ. XXXXXX

Please stop spreading false equivalencies.

Please apologize to me …

@CommonDreams

2 Likes

Go ahead dumb ass trump. You already deal out death every day. Nothing new here.

Now we are all looking up into the sky to see when the first piece comes a fallin down.

Trump is for some reason all for making a vaccine more dangerous for us, not less dangerous.