Home | About | Donate

Decrying Defaulted Loans of Deadbeat Corporations, One Million Indian Bank Workers Hold 48-Hour Strike

Decrying Defaulted Loans of Deadbeat Corporations, One Million Indian Bank Workers Hold 48-Hour Strike

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

In a move that reportedly brought "the country's financial nervous system to a grinding halt," about a million bank employees across India kicked off a two-day strike on Wednesday to demand higher wages and that corporations be held accountable for failing to make loan payments.

2 Likes

Tut, tut, tut…

That’s not how capitalism works—gains are privatized, and losses are socialized.

It gets old, having to explain this over and over.

Now get back to work before I summon the gendarmes.

8 Likes

Solution: Privatize the government and the gendarmes. Report for re-education that is also privatized.

Yep, the usual positions of power are not as effective as they once were but they still exist. Just have to find one an get busy.

1 Like

Yes, but we have cable…

2 Likes

What I found interesting is that when I was working in Africa, I had better labor law protection than when I came back to the states.

3 Likes

I like your post young man and am thinking that this event in India is one bright spot in the world this week.

2 Likes