Home | About | Donate

Decrying 'Jim Crow 2.0,' Advocates Demand Updated Voting Rights Before Election

These voter ID Laws are indeed a disguised poll tax. If there was a shred of honesty in the ID requirements then everyone who has a social security card should get a new one with their photo and they should be free.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Anyone that thinks that hasn't been staying informed. These are typical talking points we've heard a million times. Not impressed.

The frightening thing about the voter suppression is it has finally gotten so bad that the whole primary election was rigged or suppressed. Sure would be nice to have a party of the people who would fight for justice and not let these tactics go on. FEC, DOJ don't seem to care or are too defunded to act.
This is Jim Crow 2.0. The one's disenfranchised by these tactics are the dispensable one's. The one's they hate the unproductive one's, the one's that vote against them too.

Greg Palast is an investigative journalist who has been writing about stolen elections since 2000. There are several you tube talk available online by Palest as well as others. Dr. Robert Epstein, a psychologist, as well as Palest talks about how the 2016 election will be stolen. Now is the time to become aware of what we're up against to protect our voting choices. Although minorities have been targeted so have non-minorities if you're not voting the right way.

The state where I live, PA tried to pass a voter ID requirement to vote. This was during the governorship of R. Tom Corbett The bill wasn't passed . PTL. At any rate there is no voter ID law in PA I doubt there is going to be one under D. Gov. Tom Wolfe. The many times I voted I went to my polling place . The workers there checked to see if my name was on the voting records. I never heard of any problems for any voters what so ever, with that system . If it ain't broke don't make new laws. To coin a phrase.

Free and fair elections and primaries are a threat to the 1% and their crony accomplices - our current political parties, election mechanisms, the press/media, the courts, the police-state apparatus, and big-money ALL conspire to install the selected candidate! Big-money controlled by so few it makes a mockery of the notion of one person, one vote, rendered quaint and obsolete thanks to biased SCOTUS partisans and "Citizens United".

If the people tolerate any of these they have succumbed to the control and domination of the future and now to corruption and self-interest - actual freedom a myth and shadow of truth. The struggle this year and candidacy Bernie Sanders (and organized marginalization of Jill Stein and Gary Johnson) show the truth of the enormity of the corruption!

Undermining voting rights and control of elections via candidate selection, registration roll manipulation, intimidation, easily altered results via electronic machines, partisan poll workers, open gerrymandering and other methods is a clear and present danger to our republic! Unless the people demand and act forcefully out of their complacent lives, our democracy will cease to exist, and it is well on the way!

Lawrence Britt studied fascist regimes and wrote about their similarities.

The 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article4113.htm

Fascism Anyone?

"Fascism’s principles are wafting in the air today, surreptitiously masquerading as something else, challenging everything we stand for."

14. Fraudulent elections.

"Elections in the form of plebiscites or public opinion polls were usually bogus. When actual elections were held, they would be perverted by the power elite to get the desired result. Common methods included maintaining control of the election machinery, intimidating and disenfranchising opposition voters, destroying or disallowing legal votes, and as a last resort, turning to a judiciary beholden to the power elite."

"When facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the American flag." - Huey Long

Love your name. Is that a reference to the hugely stacked deck in favor of Clinton?

I agree. All citizens should have the right to vote in the easiest way possible and that polling places and the voting process should be as streamlined as possible and have the shortest waiting time to cast a ballot as possible. Any state that makes it difficult to register or vote should face immediate sanctions...suspended voting rights for congressional representatives...loss of congressional committee chairmanships...loss of seniority for congressional representatives for examples. All of us have the right to vote or it means nothing.

Just remember what Samuel Clemens said: "if voting did any good, they wouldn't let us do it".