Home | About | Donate

Defying 'Logic and the Law,' HHS Inspector General Allows Trump's Vaccine Czar to Maintain Big Pharma Investments

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/15/defying-logic-and-law-hhs-inspector-general-allows-trumps-vaccine-czar-maintain-big

4 Likes

Crooked Trump is perfect to head a government including his entire crooked cabinet, and Pelosi, Neal Schumer McConnell et al. So would Crooked Biden be.

4 Likes

We live in a lawless society. There is the JustUs system for the rich and powerful that lets them steal everything in sight. And then there is the other justice system that enslaves the rest of us. It is long past time for the citizens to wake the fuck up and bring the system down. Ongoing massive general strikes and boycotts are all we have left to try to bring them down. Stop playing by their game whereby you have to go to work for these assholes who literally steal even the sweat off your back. You are all going to be out of work and dead when they get through bleeding everything dry. Rise up now or die.

5 Likes

Gotta stop ya there … Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi are not as corrupt as the Trump Administration. They have never been impeached, they have not had the kind of hatch act violations and ethic violations this administration engages in on a daily basis.
That is a simple fact.

3 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me that this con-man-in-chief can find a fox fit perfectly to ruin every government henhouse. It is going to take a bit to rid the U.S. of the damage this lawless bastard and his cronies have perpetrated on it - starting January 21, 2021.

6 Likes

“not as corrupt” – should make a good campaign slogan

9 Likes

I fear the damage will be irreversible. I was nearly beaten up by a neanderthal trump supporter at the bank this morning simply for stopping his hate filled diatribe about “that goddamn asshole” Gavin Newsom and the “Democrats destroying this country.”
It’s getting really bad out there, volatile and divided like at no other time I’ve ever seen in my life except perhaps the 1968 Democratic convention.

4 Likes

But it’s twuuu it’s twuuu.

Well, at least they are very up front with their corruption.

1 Like

It’s totally true: Dims are corrupt, just not as spectacularly corrupt. If I’m supposed to be keeping an eye out for corruption, but I’ve got my own dipper in the punch bowl (like Pelosi – albeit just a little, by comparison), then it’s a compelling monetary incentive to look the other way, no?

4 Likes

I have never seen an administration as blatantly in violation of ethics rules and run more like a mob boss’s racket than this one. Democrats have made some bad policy and sided with Wall Street too much, but seriously, this Trump Admin. is far into the realm of fascism. Have you seen Ivanka’s latest bit, holding a can of boycotted Goya beans and actually plugging for them in violation of a number of very real ethics rules?

2 Likes

You know if ByeDone gets in, he’ll be all “looking forward, not back” like your model corrupt Dim.

Please persuade me I’m wrong about that. When have you ever seen anything resembling the endlessly vaunted “accountability” for which we keep hearing demands? Presidents are never held accountable in this country (even Nixon got a very weird blanket pardon) – Naturally the sharp ones are going to take advantage of our permanent sucker status as USA citizens.

2 Likes

We all know what Trump and company. deserve. My new bumper sticker:

“Protect the health and well being of all Americans, NEVER vote for a Republican”

1 Like

It sort of like saying Jeffrey Dahmer was not as murderous as Ted Bundy.

6 Likes

I wonder how old you are.
Nixon was pardoned by a well known Republican bagman. Had a Democrat been in power I assure you that would not have happened. I was very much alive and cognizant of the mood in the country back then and Nixon would not have been pardoned were it not for the crony Gerald Ford.
The Reagan Iran/Contra traitors were pardoned by Geo. H.W. Bush and his Attorney general Bill Barr, yes that same asshole in office now. Also Republicans. Had Democrats been in power the Iran/Contra Traitors would have served time.
I am a proud Democrat, the party of Jefferson, FDR, Kennedy, Johnson , Social Security, Medicare Medicaid and what meager social safety net we have in the ACA. Had it been up to the GOP, we wouldn’t even have that, and they are working very hard on cutting or privatizing that right now.

The only president to meaningfully raise taxes on the billionaires in the past 50 years was Bill Clinton. Without a return to FDR’s progressive redistributive taxation you have nothing, certainly not a democracy. You must return redistributive progressive taxation, without which nothing else matters.

2 Likes

I beg to differ, Trump has only been in government for 3 years, all those folks got their money selling us out to others.

2 Likes

Trump’s lawyer before the very corrupt Michael Cohen was the even more corrupt Roy Cohn, who was actually at one time the consiglieri to all FIVE MAFIA families of New York.
Wall Street sold you out and I do believe Wall Street is a Republican stronghold. They haven’t been following Keynes for decades. Milton Friedman and Alan Greenspan all the way.
And BTW “Upthepeople” sounds like a phony name. You aren’t really a troll for trump are you?
Why don’t you drop the cowardice and use your real name?

1 Like

So all the wealthy need to do to fatten their profits is to “volunteer” at a government agency and send the contracts to their own portfolio…

3 Likes

You aren’t a troll for the other war-mongering corporatist party, are
you? Of course your are, you thing Wall Street is a Republican thing.

2 Likes

No wonder Don likes him; he resembles Mussolini.

1 Like