Home | About | Donate

Déjà vu All Over Again: The GOP Prepares to Make the Rich Even Richer

Déjà vu All Over Again: The GOP Prepares to Make the Rich Even Richer

Tim Koechlin

As the Republican Congress begins to execute its latest attack on poor and middle class Americans (the repeal of the Affordable Care Act; cuts in education spending, Social Security and Medicare; attacks on worker rights, and, of course, more tax cuts for the rich), it’s worth putting this assault in context.

They voted for those unborn bebehs.

It seems that Drumpf voters voted against the status quo, which frankly, was obscenely tilted to the wealthy and immorally predatory on everyone else. Drumpf, that hollowed out used car salesman, lied his ass off to sell himself as an outsider, no matter how crude, and one who could not be bought. I guess that sounded good to enough people who were desperate enough to put Drumpf in office. They were suckered. What we have is not the status quo, but an acceleration of the worst aspects of the status quo along with the destruction of the ordinary citizenry of this country. Those now making the rules need no safety net. They have as much understanding of and compassion for the concerns of ordinary Americans as Hitler had for the Jews. The result will be much the same, only instead of gas chambers and ovens, Americans will be dying of hunger and disease, off the radar.

If this sounds like hyperbole, if it had not been for the ACA I would not be alive to post this. As imperfect as it is, the availability of health insurance under the ACA allowed me to get three major surgeries in 2014, one to remove a cancer from my kidney, and one to remove a necrotic gallbladder that would have killed me by sepsis well before the cancer would have. The gallbladder was not only killing me, it was excruciatingly painful for periods as long as twelve hours. Much like kidney stones in intensity and persistence, only not relieved by weak opioid painkillers like hydrocodone. Anyone who has had gallstones or kidney stones can tell you that to spend your last days in such pain should not happen to anyone. Yet, if the republicans had been in charge back then, I would be dead now, having died a prolonged, excruciating death. I am not the only person who needs affordable health care. My situation in 2014 will be multiplied by tens of thousands once these psychopaths get done with Medicare, Medicaid, and the ACA.

That's just health care. Like the idea of thousands of children starving? You should just LOVE the republicans once they get through with eliminating food stamps and programs to feed and house the poor. With the republicans' avowed destruction of the minimum wage, people working 80 hours a week will still not be able to afford decent food and housing for their families. It always amazes and disgusts me when a wealthy republican claims to value work when so obviously hating and punishing those actually work. Yes, it is plunder on the greatest scale in human history, accompanied by whining by billionaires about how the wealthy have it so fucking hard. The republican party is a moral obscenity, a blot on the history of this nation, as objectionable, immoral and obscene in its impact as slavery. Want to look the anti-Christ in the face? Look no further than the republican party.

Thank you Drumpf voters. You are responsible for handing the government over to people who not only do not care about your welfare, but who most likely would prefer that you just die already, preferably politely and silently so as not to disturb them while they indulge in their orgy of wealth, dancing so madly around their Golden Calf.