Home | About | Donate

'DeJoy Is the Real Life Grinch': Postmaster General's Cost-Cutting Effort Fuels Christmas Delivery Delays

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/22/dejoy-real-life-grinch-postmaster-generals-cost-cutting-effort-fuels-christmas

5 Likes

"it is unclear how much the incoming Biden administration will be able to do to stop DeJoy from taking a sledgehammer to postal operations. "

Where there is a will, there is a way. Declare a national emergency and fire all those Trump miscreants.

13 Likes

The trump-installed head of the USPS is a walking conflict of interests. His involvement with other delivery entities is well-known and constitutes a crime IMO, if investigated fully will prove to provide good-cause to remove deJoy forthwith! Any criminal conflicts of interests - beside being an obvious scumbag and liar! His almost totally redacted (blacked-out) calendar record of who he has met with proof enough!
~https://truthout.org/articles/months-after-aoc-demand-and-federal-suit-usps-releases-redacted-dejoy-calendar/

The meddling with the nations mail service must not be normalized, tolerated or allowed to stand under any guise including “reducing costs” - the service is the nations mail service and must be protected, strengthened and rebuilt! Resotingg the USPS banking services case in point!
~http://www.campaignforpostalbanking.org/news/why-we-need-a-bank-at-the-post-office/

" Washington, D.C. (Sept. 15, 2020)—On Monday, Rep. Gerald E. Connolly, the Chairman of the Subcommittee on Government Operations, held a hearing to examine Postmaster General Louis DeJoy’s potential conflicts of interest and evaluate how his continued leadership could jeopardize the Postal Service and the mail-in voting process for the 2020 election. The hearing also discussed his potentially criminal campaign finance violations, as first reported by the[Washington Post"

" Washington —Postmaster General Louis DeJoy appears to be at risk for violating the primary criminal conflict of interest statute after failing to divest significant financial interests in two companies directly affected by the work of the United States Postal Service (USPS), according to a letter sent to DeJoy today by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW). Recent reporting appears to indicate DeJoy personally participated in particular matters that directly affect the two companies. These actions run counter to his obligations under the conflict of interest law.

DeJoy’s financial disclosures indicate that he retained stocks and stock options worth tens of millions of dollars in a USPS contractor, XPO Logistics. After assuming his role as Postmaster General, DeJoy also bought a stock option worth up to $100,000 in Amazon. DeJoy’s financial stakes in the companies put him at risk of violating the conflict of interest law, which prohibits him from participating in any particular matter affecting either XPO or Amazon."
~https://www.citizensforethics.org/news/press-releases/louis-dejoy-conflicts-of-interest-letter/

Run the joyless criminal scum out of town on a rail! SAVE the USPS!

14 Likes

“No parcels are moving at all,” said the unnamed worker

True. Pkg mailed Dec 3, 2020 arrived 13 days later in NYC.
A pkg mailed mid November arrived ONE day later 250 miles south.

Mid 1989, Chicago mail by 11 AM in a certain post office to a soldier in Bavaria arrived within 24 hours.

5 Likes

So there’s still hope for the 3 cards i posted from Spain on the 1st Dec to US, which to date have not arrived.

2 Likes

I sent a large priority package (with presents for my grandsons) to Tucson AZ on Dec. 15 from Seattle (which meant I paid $24 to mail it)–said would be there by Dec. 18 – it was sent to Maryland – and now the only update I get is “It left Maryland and is in Transit and will be late” I also paid for Insurance (add’l $3.50) I sway send via Priority 2 day + pay insurance ) but no I don;t even know where it is…I don’t blame the Post office workers… I blame Trump, DeJoy (that’s a misnomer if I ever heard one) and ALL GOPers…

7 Likes

“Lock him Up!!!”

4 Likes

USPS can ‘operate with much greater precision.’

What this mean spirited individual is suggesting is that the postal workers become veritable machines much as Bezos treats his employees.

If Biden can’t get rid of him it will be on us to create maximum pressure through direct actions of every kind.

10 Likes

So this effing with the Postal Service was supposed to be used to “stop mail-in ballots”. Well the election is over and this DeJoy character is still effing around. This messed up my whole Xmas list, packages come very late while some come not at all.

5 Likes

Postal service in our rural county has been deteriorating ever since Trump ascended the throne four years ago. DeJoy is just the current executioner.

7 Likes

More blustering about how to remove DeJoy, it’s very simple, the Justice Dept. under Biden has a duty to indict DeJoy for the numerous felonies he has committed. Stop playing politics by pretending there’s nothing that can be done.

10 Likes

I put checks in the mail in Septemebr to pay bills, that have not arrived yet! It would probably mess me up if they did.

4 Likes

Capitalism’s orgy of consumerism to celebrate baby Jesus has been damaged. Tragic.

4 Likes

In a parallel universe, people like DT, DeJoy and every member of DT’s wrecking crews are, at the very least, put on trial for the damage they have done - and continue to do - to this day.

Then again, the taxpayers would pay for those trials. So - these people avoid trial, we save the money and the wrecking crews are shown the door out of the country.

4 Likes

Precisely.

5 Likes

Yep. We need to hound these crooks and make their every waking hour miserable. Activists should start periodically blasting air horns or dropping lit packs of firecrackers outside his home in the wee hours of the morning.

2 Likes

Thank you for the run-down. He is one rapacious sociopath - and IMHO that is putting it nicely.

2 Likes

Hi sbrownn:
Maybe people have to get very theatrical —recreate the scene from Frakenstein, where the giant crowd appearing in town with faming torches! That would make a humorous and yet potential GREAT POINT to remind DeJoy that he is not wanted!

2 Likes

I mailed 9 pounds of Christmas cookies to my family in Vt, from NY (3 hour drive) on Dec. 12, 2 day priority. It’s the 22. They still have not arrived. They were sent to Little Rock, Arkansas and are now “on the way to the destination”.

2 Likes

Look at it this way Susan and GPK: you got more miles for your money. I wonder if my cards are going via Canada. :))

3 Likes