Home | About | Donate

Delivering 'Catastrophic Message in a Moment of Great Urgency,' Trump Formally Begins Ditching Paris Climate Deal

well, since our wise elders in Washington prefer to ignore the climate change emergency and carry on business as usual another factor will come into play. As destructive storms, flooding and fires become increasingly more frequent the cost of home insurance will rise to levels where many will not be able to afford home ownership. Thus real estate values will fall, construction work will diminish and renting will likely become more expensive. So more will wind up homeless and/or living in a slum situation. Is this how Trump shall make America great again?Surely a wise leader would remain united with the global community and make the recommended adjustments to try to stall the changing of America’s/Earth’s climate for his Citizen’s sake.

3 Likes

Trump isn’t the problem here. He’s only doing exactly what you might expect his kind to do, what everyone before him did, what American’s elected him to do. the problem is the population of this stinking s hole, and their lack of intelligence. Trump isn’t the end, the next candidate will only build on what he accomplished, and the next and the next. Until the stupidest population in world history finally grows a brain cell between them, this is our fate. It turns out Americans are not intelligent enough to see this man is a colossal deranged lunatic, and that every single person from his genre shares his ailment equally.

3 Likes

disgusting creep

2 Likes

We can’t ditch Trump too soon.

2 Likes

"The term ‘crisis’ denotes a transitory state, while the Anthropocene is a point of no return. It indicates a geological bifurcation with no foreseeable return to the normality of the Holocene" (p.21)… “The Anthropocene thus cancels the peaceful and reassuring project of sustainable development.” (p.22)

Likewise The Green New Deal, like the Paris Accord, is just the beginning of the beginning in our collective recognition of what we have done.

And the vast majority of people on Earth do not even begin to comprehend what we have done.

There is as clean a divide between the powers that be and the few scientists and research oriented lay-persons who do have an inkling of where we are, as between oil and water.

Unless the people who know become the people who are in charge - we will slip irresistibly past tipping points we even now barely understand.

6 Likes

Oh it would have a million and one uses. That which you mentioned added to keeping the thugs like Bolton and Pompeo and Kissinger inside the USA. Keeping that US Military from bombing and invading another Country.Keeping those NGOs from sponsoring another Coup. Keeping that CIA and their minions from torturing and meddling abroad and so on…

1 Like

“he U.S. is proud of our record as a world leader in reducing all emissions.” Pompuss, an internationally renown liar, continues his tradition. Fact is pollution has increased during the Trumpian cataclysmic period.
Assad was righ,t Trump is sometimes honest-in his decadence.

3 Likes

Good point, and well said. But while the “unwashed masses” don’t understand the fine points of how it all works, I think a majority or close realize that something is happening that their misleaders should be taking account of and informing them about instead of feeding them pap on a sliver platitude.

1 Like

In other civilized countries we’d have riots.

2 Likes

For the record, the House already passed HR 9, which would give teeth to the Paris Accords. We need a new Senate and White House for that bill to become law.

2 Likes

Yes, it was a fig leaf so Obama could pretend he was doing something.

Frankly, I prefer the stark reality to allowing liberals to harbor the illusion of action.

1 Like

She will zap all of us, without concern - guilty, innocent, adult, child. That’s the way Nature is. She is very powerful, granted; but while you may worship her mercurialism, I don’t.

What more does Trump need to do to show he has no interest in the environment? His approach will leave us homeless and dead before our time if it continues.

1 Like

You bring to mind a conversation with a scientist elder (now departed to blissfully rational nothingness) in my family, when I was less ignorant than I am today, as I was just a teenager. I was positing that Mother Earth has a way of adapting to severe challenges.

“Usually, by getting rid of the perpetrators,” he said.

3 Likes

add in libertarians and most of the dim dems, and i’ll agree with you…and Chomsky.

1 Like

Wait…I thought he already did this!?? What to heck… we have been hearing g all along about how he ditched the Paris agreement… ages ago ???

Yes…I asgree… you are so absolutely correct.

For those that may not know the definition of a ‘fascist state’ now you know. A state (nation) controlled by corporations on behalf of corporations. The rest of the world are of no consequences as long as the loot flows without restrictions.

1 Like

economagic - I would never call the people ‘the unwashed masses’ ! It is merely luck of the draw who is gifted and who is not. The real point is this - the gifted ones - what do they stand for, if anything anymore ? Do they consider themselves separate from the majority in such a way that they can watch most people go under, while the gifted ones protect themselves ?

Or will they use their gifts and strength to fight for what is right ?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by “gifted.” I have always understood that phrase to refer to people so poor that they have neither soap nor water, so in general little knowledge beyond their immediate surroundings, commonly in places where few if any people have many resources. That was a response to your comment about “the vast majority of people on Earth do not even begin to comprehend what we have done.” I think the people in Mali, for example, most of whom have never heard terms such as “global warming” or “ecological degradation,” understand that something is very wrong in the world and that those they may have looked to to lead them have failed miserably.

1 Like