Home | About | Donate

Demand Grows for Tech Giants Like Microsoft and Salesforce to Cancel Contracts With ICE and Border Patrol

Demand Grows for Tech Giants Like Microsoft and Salesforce to Cancel Contracts With ICE and Border Patrol

Common Dreams staff

As American cities and corporations face mounting public pressure to cancel contracts with federal immigration agencies in light of the Trump administration's brutal and inhumane border policies, grassroots groups are demanding major technology companies stop allowing the government to use their data technologies against vulnerable immigrant and refugee communities.

The “new” word we are all going to learn today, is “Divest.”

If the “Investment in Oppression” fits,
You must as soon as possible, Quit.
~ a take on an old Johnny Cochran line~

Don’t mess with the border patrol. The tenfold increase in US border patrol assets we have seen during the past decade along the Canadian border continues to keep single payer medical insurance from invading the US from the north !

I recently asked a border patrol agent what they do on the Canadian border and he told me that “during the summer they ride horses and atv’s and in winter they ride snowmobiles”.

I can only chuckle at the folks who haven’t been near our borders and continue to give these enforcement agencies carte blanche budgets. They’re all worse than pigs at the government trough, they’re feral hogs in the community gardens of America.

Bill Gates led Microsoft into one of the wealthiest corporations in America by implementing planned obsolescence in their hardware and software. He always proclaims he’s so humanitarian but in reality, it’s all about the money. That said, the company provides a useful service. Medical insurance companies, on the other hand, are the real swamp creatures, fat leeches providing no use except to drive up health care costs and to rake in the profits at the expense of those who can barely afford to keep food on the table.

Not just ICE and Boarder Patrol, all of homeland Security fits you’re description.