Home | About | Donate

Demanding Dignity for All Immigrants, Families Separated by Obama Administration Demand Apology From Biden

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/10/demanding-dignity-all-immigrants-families-separated-obama-administration-demand

4 Likes

These immigrants are often chased off of their own lands by the multinational corporations from whose deep pockets the campaigns of oh so many politicians of both stripes are funded. “It is difficult to get a man to understand it if his salary depends upon him not understanding it.” (Upton Sinclair, 1928: I, Candidate For Governor: And How I Got Licked) Here is to those politicians who eschew corporate money and champion genuine Progress in the process.

4 Likes

Obama-Biden Failed us ALL in so many ways

Walking and Talking like they are all baddass

But they turned their backs on foreclosures
Black Lives Matter started on Obama’s watch
Holder showed us how blind DOJ can be
Immigrants be damned

And whatever Civil Rights Renaissance we were expecting when we elected the first black man was mowed down by an overwhelming attack on Voting Rights and overt states attack on federally recognized rights across the board

Obama response NONEXISTENT

Biden “More DNC Doublespeak”
Never Again starts at his door as well

12 Likes
3 Likes

Well done Cosecha.

The late Bruce Dixon from Black Agenda Report wrote about Biden and Black voters in February. I’m really missing Bruce already. He was working up until the week before he died at the end of June.

He wrote half the voters favoring Biden are black voters, and Biden gets a pass from older Black voters who associate him with Obama, and won’t hold Obama accountable for his horrible policies.

He wrote “The key to popping the Biden Balloon is getting past the warm and fuzzy Obama hangover, and drilling down into Biden’s actual record as a corporate stooge, a warmonger, an architect of the prison state, a foe of Medicare For All and a servant of the predatory banking industry.”

audio and text:

10 Likes

“Demanding Dignity for All Immigrants, Families Separated by Obama Administration Demand Apology From Biden”

Wait, this makes it sound like the Obama administration deported legal immigrants.

Also this one: “Biden must also commit to ending the detention and deportation of illegal immigrants, the group added.”

and this

“the Obama administration failed to deliver on the promise of legalization, and instead chose to deport three million illegal immigrants”

Did anyone see the San Francisco Chronicle article from yesterday? Homelessness has gone up in San Francisco 30% from 2017. There has been a 12% increase in Los Angeles. A large portion of these people are white and black. CBS News reported some weeks ago that a record number of homeless died on the streets in Orange County California last year. Immigrants ’ rights are necessary, but we are living in a country that apparently doesn’t care how many of its own actual citizens die from exposure. We have a problem here that more immigration is not going to improve.

The symptoms are more acute

But the disease is hereditary

The Human Tragedy you describe in California is quite real in most fair weather locations

But drawing arbitrary lines an a map which make it illegal to strive for Life is Ignoring a Global Tragedy

People are NOT ILLEGAL
Danbury Connecticut has actually adopted a Homeless Bill of Rights

The Event is Species Extinction

And We Better Take Care for ALL Species

4 Likes

Welcome to the campaign, Mr. Putin. Your interference in our elections is not that difficult to identify. LOL

No mention of overpopulation and inequality, the ecologic and economic reasons for misery and immigration.

1 Like

Obama has quite a right wing legacy. I know that’s hard for “centrists” to acknowledge. I mean, Obama pardoned Chelsea after letting her endure years of torture. Stuff like that will be pointed out as to the wonderful legacy of Obama. He was a real peach that Obama.

5 Likes

I am glad to see that people are standing up to expose the threat that Biden poses to our country. I couldn’t stand another 4 years of Russia this and Mueller that. Its time to talk about something relevant for the first time in 40 years, like the exponentially building climate driven mass-extinction event, or rampant separation of wealth, or the disenfranchisement of the whole population from the political process, or police brutality, or state sanctioned child abuse, Imperialism, assassinations, Nuclear proliferation, a runaway national security apparatus who overthrows sovereign nations illegally, or the overspending on national defense, support of foreign tyrants like Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, or Jair Bolsonaro, constitutional protection and presidential pardons and reparations for whistle-blowers like Snowden, and Manning for exposure of high crimes and high treason, etc, etc. Biden won’t mention one of these topics once, and he’ll lose to Trump worse than Hillary did.

3 Likes

I like this guy. He sheds light on a lot more of what the whole immigration issue is about.

The problem is within the Democratic Party electorate, and in particular, African American voters. The Black congressional caucus has been the power base within the party from which the Third Way sprang. Being one of, if not the largest single block of voters within the Democratic Party, and particularly in the primary system, black voters have all but determined the course of Democratic Party for the last thirty years. It is understandable to a point, as they suffered like no other group under the jackboot of the Reagan (white) revolution. However, they responded to those atrocities by settling for the lesser evil of Bill Clinton, a man with a questionable record on race as governor of Arkansas. And by backing this man, they gave their proxy to the Third Way.
And now, in nearly every presidential election year since 1992, black voters support for all things Clinton have determined the course of the Democratic Party, a course that saw deregulation, privatization, the imprisonment of millions of young black men, and the further impoverishment of African Americans. It seems that things were so bad for blacks under Reagan, Bush I and II, and now Trump, that they have settled for the lesser of evils with their seemingly blind support of the Clinton/Obama coalition.
Of course the blame doesn’t lie solely within the black voting block, as Cadillac liberals from the suburbs march like zombies to the beat of the Third Way and their faulty ethos that states you can be fiscally conservative and socially liberal at the same time. However, it is the black voting block, particularly those in the southern states that ultimately rubber stamp the presidential candidate of the Democratic Party during their primaries.
When blacks change their mind, and decide to be progressive again, it will change the face of the Democratic Party. But until then, we will all be forced to fetch for people like massa Biden, with the hope that he just won’t beat us as much as Reagan, Bush , and trump did.

2 Likes

How much did that cost American taxpayers –
and how much did it cost in loss of respect around the world and for ourselves?

These are refugees the US/CIA is pretty much responsible for creating.

Including ignoring Global Warming as though it doesn’t exist when every day we
watch its advance.

1 Like

At the root is loyalty to party politics.
We should not be loyal; to a right wing party which at one time was progressive.

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.
― John Adams

“Our party, like any other political party, strives for political supremacy for itself .”
― Vladimir Lenin

I have already intimated to you the danger of parties in the state, with particular reference to the founding of them on geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party, generally.
― George Washington

2 Likes