Home | About | Donate

Demanding House Vote on Net Neutrality, Open Internet Defenders Gear Up for Nationwide Day of Advocacy

Demanding House Vote on Net Neutrality, Open Internet Defenders Gear Up for Nationwide Day of Advocacy

Julia Conley, staff writer

Open internet defenders warned members of Congress that on Tuesday's Day of Advocacy for net neutrality rules, they will be hearing directly from their constituents about how they should vote on saving the regulations—and how the wrong decision could affect their job security.

The importance of net neutrality can’t be overestimated. Higher fees by large ISP’s will just be the beginning. They may charge by the megabyte as the phone carriers have been doing. The censorship of dissenting information will be next. The real truths will be much harder to find. It’s already happening losing neutrality will speed up the process immensely. This is one area where one’s vote may actually be democratic. Note who votes against this and remember this fall at the polls. The takeover by the mega corporations such as ATT or Comcast will assure a worsening of service of smaller ISP providers. I use a smaller provider and will be screwed if this isn’t repealed as will many others also.

I wouldn’t expect any change on this by our congress critters, I’m sure the bribe funds will be flowing pretty freely, just like at the state level. They don’t fear the vote anymore, why would they when they control the counting process.