Home | About | Donate

Demanding Medicare for All, Nurses Use Band-Aids to Plaster GoFundMe Pages to Big Pharma Headquarters

Demanding Medicare for All, Nurses Use Band-Aids to Plaster GoFundMe Pages to Big Pharma Headquarters

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Hundreds of nurses and their allies from across the country rallied Monday outside the headquarters of the pharmaceutical industry's top lobbying group and plastered the GoFundMe pages of Americans "suffering in an immoral healthcare system" to the building's walls and windows.

3 Likes

Thank you nurses. A man shouldn’t die of a simple appendectomy because he wrestles garbage cans for a living, or a woman die of diabetes, because she can’t afford the cost of 2,000.00 a month for insulin. Drug companies enjoy special protection under our government with copyright protection. Most of the life savings drugs are developed at the expense of government with grants to colleges.

11 Likes

At sometime for me it just boils down to if I care for all of the people in my orbit* and well beyond? I do!

*My orbit is huge.

6 Likes

Thank YOU nurses and I love the band aid use. So hey BIG health care giants----the people have spoken, so listen up healthcare giants, you people killers.

" The guillotines are coming, the guillotines are coming! "
NURSES, the 21st century Paul Reveres of MEDICARE for ALL! : )

6 Likes

. . .  Which means that WE have paid for the development of these drugs and we shouldn’t have to pay obscene prices to obtain them.

End Big-Pharma Profiteering TODAY!!!

6 Likes

Good for the nurses!! It’s high time to get with it and DEMAND Medicare for all. I just wrote a screed on Quora about Medicare for all. The propaganda against is well funded. After all the big pharma has been screwing us silly forever. Time to cut CEO’s pay 95% and get realistic drug prices. My inhaler costs almost $500 without Medicare. It’s a generic for sh*t sake!! Time for a needed change.

7 Likes

Time to cut CEO’s pay 95% and get realistic drug prices.

0 works for me

3 Likes

While you were there you should have infected the top dogs with Measles.

These nurses are the true “American heros”!

American exceptionalism is such mythology being propped up by health care and military profiteers.

Olhippy, Quora stopped coming to my Yahoo inbox. I didn’t opt out but I had been very outspoken in my support for Medicare for All. I suppose Yahoo is aligned with these health care bandits, the insurance or pharmaceutical industry.