Home | About | Donate

Demanding 'Passionate Fighter for Human Rights' in Senate, Progressives Rally Around Rep. Ro Khanna for Harris's Seat

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/18/demanding-passionate-fighter-human-rights-senate-progressives-rally-around-rep-ro

6 Likes

Yes, yes and yes. Californians get behind this man.

10 Likes

This is a tough call.

“Other contenders being considered to replace Harris include Reps. Karen Bass, Barbara Lee, and Katie Porter, state Attorney General Xavier Becerra, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, and San Francisco Mayor London Breed.”

So, I expect Joe to select Charles Koch as a compromise solution.
After all, “We have to work across the aisle”

13 Likes

Newsom would like to appoint a neo-liberal to the senate … himself.

3 Likes

I’d say the only tough call is between Ro and Barbara Lee.

9 Likes

Progressives need to FIGHT back , otherwise the pelosi/shummer train will run over them!

Should progressives Deny helping the DNC in Georgia? The DNC has already made up their mind that progressives are the problem…

6 Likes

Ro represents Silicon Valley. He takes terrific positions on many issues. Not to be too nit-picky, but I wonder where he stood on Prop 22, the anti-labor initiative that was created and pushed by the tech corporations that reside in or near his district.

Many state Dems in CA favored Uber and Lyft at the expense of workers. Where is he on this issue?

5 Likes

Jimmy Dore just interviewed Ro Khanna, and they mentioned the seat. Neither seemed to think there was a realistic chance.

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZeeGMeSUuo

Hi bystander:
LOL, and thank you, I needed that laugh. I hope it’s Mr. Khanna. : )

3 Likes

Newsom most likely would like to be appointing himself------he has not done much in Calif----I would say Katie Porter or Ro Khanna--------and Bernie winning the State of Calif should give Newsom a call----and after the performance of our other joke Senator ----Calif needs a REAL progressive in the Senate.

GROW SOME BALLS newsom

Becerra, Schaaf, and Breed I can barely tolerate, sometimes. My senator (Gavin Gruesom always listens to me, you know) would definitely be Karen Bass. Sorry about that, Ro.

1 Like

While I would prefer Barbara Lee, I think Khanna would be an excellent choice. Schaaf or Breed would be terrible choices but it would be no surprise if the centrists push one of them through.

5 Likes

That is in a way my thinking too. The only reason I would discount Representative Lee is that she does so much for her district and would be hard to replace there. Not saying the others shouldn’t have consideration.

3 Likes

I totally respect your opinion on this, glad you have his ear. (smile)

C’mon that is not fair. Charles Koch doesn’t even like us.

2 Likes

…and, if not himself, then Eric Garcetti.

In other California senate news, Dianne Feinstein has filed paperwork towards her 2024 run, when she’ll be 91. I think this was the seat Newsom was eyeing but no way will he try to primary Feinstein, so he might see Harris’ seat as his best chance.

2 Likes

…My choices, Ro or Katy, actual fighters for human rights. Becerra stole votes from Bernie in the primary, don’t trust him at all…

1 Like

Ro Khanna or Barbara Lee with her aggressive cuts to the Pentagon are both good.

Thank goodness Kamala won’t represent California. Both her and Biden are responsible for massive incarceration of poor people and people of color for nonviolent crimes. Both are corporate Dems. yuck!

4 Likes

Feinstein should be honest and run as a Republican.

6 Likes