Home | About | Donate

Demanding Rahm's Resignation, Anti-Violence Protesters Shut Down Chicago's Lake Shore Drive in March to Wrigley Field

Demanding Rahm's Resignation, Anti-Violence Protesters Shut Down Chicago's Lake Shore Drive in March to Wrigley Field

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

In a march that shut down a portion of Lake Shore Drive during rush hour and ended with prayers and speeches outside of Wrigley Field, hundreds of anti-violence protesters marched in Chicago on Thursday evening to demand that the city invest in its impoverished neighborhoods and to call for the resignations of Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson.

Yeah ! Governance from the bottom up.
Hold the bastards accountable. Get some “skin in the game.”

Frustration abounds in a city where the police used to bring suspects to secret locations and torture them. No cop was ever prosecuted for it. But that was the past and we only prosecute sex “assaults” that span back decades, Justice does not prevail.

I think they may still torture people. The case you’re referring to is John Burge (et.al.) who lives out his life in FL on his police pension. He never did time, but did face civil rights charges. Also, there was a more recent scandal about police torture in a “dark site” in a gentrifying neighborhood. I think it was a former Sears Store that the cops took over for “training.”

Demonstrators protest in front of Wrigley Field before the start of a Cubs game on August 2, 2018 in Chicago. They marched from Lake Shore Drive and through the nearby neighborhoods, protesting the gun violence, corruption, and the lack of economic investments in the city’s West and South Sides.

This issue of gun violence seems to have been interrupted by summer vacations – which is sad.

Rahm Emmanuel is someone who has done a great deal to corrupt government (charter schools another
issue), but he was a handy tool for destruction Obama did. Rahm spent years recruiting right wing “Dems” as well into the Dem Party – and making sure that any liberal/progressive Dems weren’t supported.

Gun violence in America, imo, is the work of the CIA/NRA –
The CIA needs to create violence in the US in order to corrupt democratic government or what’s left of it and to destroy our societies.

The Hoover/FBI was always looking for a way to create a race war in US and made many attempts at it which were discovered –

Now the CIA has taken over that mission – Drugs and Guns – to destroy our societies.

And a “Civil War” if they can get it.

See “Dark Alliance,” by the late Gary Webb on how all of this works. He died in 2004 from a “multiple-gun-shot wound ‘suicide’.” That’s what happens to real journalists.

http://www.mega.nu/ampp/webb.html

Yes – very much what I was trying to refer to in my post –

Sadly aware of all that Gary Webb did to try to expose this insanity/treason.

Thank you!

The emphemerality of celebrity solidarity

The day the music didn’t die

Rahm is another great example of the tradition of “public service” which we all know is actually “self-service.” He and his ilk have no real concept of serving the true needs of our communities. People like Rahm work for themselves and the most wealthy and powerful interests.

LOL, Hoover thought that way—but then so did Charles Manson.: )

Charles Manson is a story other than you might think it was –

Mae Brussel picked it up immediately as a fake –

And, now many others have followed in looking more closely as Manson as a “patsy” –
or should we say a cooperating patsy.

Rather, the Sharon Tate “murders” look more like a military operation.

It was basically an attack on the youth movement and for some who don’t give very
much thought to these events, they succeeded.

Do you have any sources for that?
Never heard anything but the official narrative when it comes to Manson, and the few clips i have seen regarding Manson and his followers all support the idea of a psychothic cult leader and his brainwashed followers.

Of course, Mae Brussel –
I’ll look for a link for you –
but also various others you’ll find if you do a search.

No – it was a military action – and no one actually killed.

And the motivation was to stop the Youth Movement and anti-War demonstrations which
were succeeding with the public.

Also Kent State was likely set up by Nixon, imo – but there are also articles on that I have
somewhere. I’ll look.

Thank you, that would be much appreciated :wink:

Tarsus - and any other readers –

Let me begin by repeating this from one of the articles … so don’t be concerned about the nature
of the pictures from the crime scene . . . (still looking for the Mae Brussel version) . . .

“Before I start, let me say two things. One, we will have to study the crime scene photographs of Sharon Tate, but I will make it as easy on you as possible. They aren’t what you think anyway. I was apprehensive when I clicked on them for the first time, but I was very surprised. They aren’t at all what we have been led to believe. Even so, I will lead you in slowly, making a strong case that they are fake before you even take a look [If you want to skip ahead, go to p. 46]. By the time we get there, you will already be pretty sure they aren’t what they are supposed to be, and you won’t be afraid to look at them. Two, I will also prepare your mind and eyes by making it clear why the murders needed to be faked. It will be much easier for a reader to understand how they were faked once he or she understands why they were faked.”

http://somicom.com/media/2015/03/27/shocking-conspiracy-theory-charles-manson-tate-murders-the-psyop-that-stifled-a-generation/#.W2VM3bS0Vok

This links to Mae Brussel radio tapes where you’ll find her investigation of the
Sharon Tate murders/Manson.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Mae+Brussel+on+Manson+murders

Here’s some TEXT on it – http://www.maebrussell.com/Transcriptions/16.html
Transcription of Dialogue: Assassination
Broadcast of October 13, 1971 -Time length: 60 min.

There are also photos and TEXT faster to understand and not only by Mae Brussel –

Motivation …

“Indeed, in 1972, when the details began to come out about a break-in at Democratic Party headquarters in the Watergate Hotel, Mae immediately recognized personnel and modus operandi from nine years of assassination research, while the mainstream press continued to refer to Watergate as a “caper” and “a third-rate burglary.” And so it came to pass that while Rabbi Magnin was entertaining Richard Nixon at his home in Los Angeles, his daughter Mae was revealing the President’s role in an incredible conspiracy. Meanwhile, she also perceived an assassination plot, not merely against specific individuals, but against the entire counterculture that was burgeoning at the time.”

“I realized that in this country we had a revolution–of housing, food, hair style, clothing, cosmetics, transportation, value systems, religion–it was an economic revolution, affecting the cosmetics industry, canned foods, the use of land; people were delivering their own babies, recycling old clothes, withdrawing from spectator sports. They were breaking the barriers where white and black could rap in 1967. This was the year of the Beatles, the summer of Sergeant Pepper, the Monterey Pop Festival, Haight-Ashbury, make your own candle and turn off the electricity, turn on with your friends and laugh–that’s what life was all about.”
http://maebrussell.com/Mae%20Brussell%20Articles/Ballad%20of%20Mae%20Brussell.html

HERE IS A LINK TO PICTURES OF THE SCENE –
Still not the link I was looking for, but it’s a start –
http://mileswmathis.com/tate.pdf

Greenwich, regarding issues versus unity in a group, I followed you up to this point and got stuck. I have been telling myself as I read that in any one flaming issue these days, there is likely a majority of people behind it. In ALL major issues the majority want improvement. Cleaner water, a habitable temperature, enough clear air, peace for everyone, safety, freedom for self expression,…

But MANY people get hung up on just one of them. So I think the issues need to upstage the group identity thing.

Hi Helen –

I was a little confused for a moment as I think you’re replied to a post I made to Tarsus
on the fakery of the Manson/Sharon Tate murders …

On the differences in UNITY between Elites/Patriarchy and citizens –
The reality is that Elites/corporations are UNITED in every way possible – up, down, sideways,
whatever.

Citizens are not.

Citizens create economies, but they are then manipulated by Banks, Financial Institutions and
Federal Reserve Bank, a private bank – for the benefit of Elites.
Our populations are very much controlled by Institutions.
Cato Institute used to be Koch Institute.
Koch Bros./John Birch Society created ALEC where we see it being used to overturn gun safety
laws in states across the US.
Koch Bros. family has worked for more than 100 years to overturn democracy in the US.
Koch Bros. are also large supporters of the NRA and gun violence.*

But … coming back to ways for the public to unite …
Organizations which support clean water for instance and their members must connect
with other environmental groups – usually all liberal groups we’re talking about.
Naturally, they should all be connected to other groups working against pollution – like
anti-fracking groups.

Further in that line of thinking, Women’s groups naturally should be supporting all of
these groups. Not just turning out when abortion is under attack but when the planet
is under attack.

And, vice versa – all of these liberal groups should be turning out to support women as
they are the likely protectors of Nature, Animal-Life and anti-exploitation of human life.

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re asking me – please ask again.

At the moment, I’m just looking at an article on the NRA needing money – and because I
feel strongly that the CIA is the backbone of the NRA, I’m looking at the MIC corporations
who also may be supporting the NRA and a huge source of their contributions – firms
like Lockheed Martin.

Issues connect to other issues –
Members must connect with other members –
But as LABOR we are all connected and must use that connection.
Also as consumers standing against the behavior of corporations when
companies like Comcast and Verizon want to overturn net neutrality.
What should our response be? How might we show our displeasure?
Displeasure with Trump administration to the point where Ivanka Trump
has had to disconnect from her clothing business.

People support issues – investigate them – spread knowledge of the issues –
I don’t know how you can separate issues from people?

This is what you were saying,in an article today at sott.net… But I fear that as with the Democratic any large group is slippery. Let’s not lose sight of the goals.

[>(https://www.sott.net/article/392687-How-Identity-Politics-Divides-The-Left-And-Has-Caused-it-to-Lose-Sight-of-Its-Collective-Identity-And-Purpose-in-The-West)

You say that, and then I look and the Koch brothers are on one side, George Soros, Tom Steyer and Warren Buffett are on the other side, and so many other Elites* and corporations are more interested in making money and not antagonizing their customers and generally don’t say much publicly.

(* Elites. You are thinking of corporate chieftains. There are also Hollywood elites (Barbra Steisand, etc.) and academic elites (Paul Krugman, etc.), and media elites (Chris Matthews, Keith Olberman, etc.) and more and most of them are identified with the left.)

Only on Chicago? And only back them?
That is what they say about Guantanamo. And it is not true.