Home | About | Donate

Demands for Workers-First Stimulus Grow as Senate GOP Fails to Ram Through $500 Billion Corporate 'Slush Fund'

WASHINGTON (AP) — In its boldest effort to protect the U.S. economy from the coronavirus, the Federal Reserve says it will buy as much government debt as it deems necessary and will begin lending to small and large businesses and local governments to help them weather the crisis.

The Fed’s announcement Monday removes any dollar limits from its plans to support the flow of credit through an economy that has been ravaged by the viral outbreak. The central bank’s all-out effort has now gone beyond even the extraordinary drive it made to rescue the economy from the 2008 financial crisis.
h-ttps://apnews.com/eac219fdb053191bceb521b0fe6b654d

I send out nakedcapitalism news items and evaluations out every day from here to the youngers.

1 Like

And the old farts are still turning on Limbaugh and Fox. What could go wrong?
The old farts are pre programed to vote for ANY republican, regardless of qualification.
Bernie doesn’t have his own propaganda media to push out enough truth to kill the lies of the trump administration.

They only “left” thing about them is their Identity Politics and it keeps trapping “leftists” into voting for them every time. The right does the same thing with “family values” and Bible thumping.

2 Likes

Maybe that is what the world truly needs. After all the U.S. is currently the biggest threat to peace in the world. If even in this time of crisis the country can’t get its shit together perhaps it would be better overall if it just perished.

1 Like

I can hear it now “No Billionaire Left Behind”

2 Likes

Anyone dumb enough to have voted for Trump deserves a thousand years of Trumpian malfeasance. Anyone dumb enough to vote for Biden deserves four more years of Trump. A win for either of these candidates is a win for the corporatocracy.

1 Like

I savor your outrage.

1 Like