Home | About | Donate

Democratic Presidential Candidate Michael Bloomberg Is a GOP Bankroller

This clown is running to stop Bernie not to beat Trump. Bloomberg supports a Trump on Israel, taxes and many other issues, unlike Bernie.

5 Likes

Bloomberg, according to the author, is anti-union ( disqualifying ), pro-privatization of public utilities ( disqualifying ), supporter of anti-choice politicians ( disqualifying ), charter school enthusiast ( disqualifying )…the list of issues where he’s conservative ( corporate friendly ) just goes on, and on. Those issues would make Bloomberg a lousy POTUS for the interests of the Democratic rank-and-file.
However, it doesn’t make him a lousy Oligarch and monopolist. In fact, it makes him a great one and allows him to buy access to Stacey Abrams and her get-out-the-vote machine. It allows him to buy influence with Emily’s List and the LCV. Which apparently makes him acceptable to front groups , who are really working against their dedicated membership’s best interests. Hoodwinking and bamboozling in its most refined state. Sounds about par for the course, imo.
Stacey Abrams should be the strongest advocate for public financing of elections; funny thing, haven’t heard a peep about this issue from her.
Odd priorities for someone who claims to want a fair fight. Maybe dear Stacey only wants a fair fight, using Oligarch’s $$$ to pay her salary, as it pertains to her very personal interests. Stacey is for sale! Shocking, I tells ya’, just shocking!
As for the rest of the asshats mentioned in the article who are supporters of Bloomberg; up your game now, Stacey is making you look like amateurs.

3 Likes

That’s exactly how they sold Clinton and Obama. They told the democratic electorate, sure, they’re conservatives, but they’re not as bad as the other guy!
If Bernie doesn’t by some miracle win this nomination, then the conservative incrementalism that the DNC has practiced for 40 years will continue.
A Sanders nomination will basically force the hand of the now conservative democratic establishment. They will either have to admit their malfeasance since the days of Reagan and go all in on Bernie, or just completely disband the party and use their il gotten donations from the Cadillac liberal billionaires to found the party they’ve been working for since 1972.
The Nixon Democrats.

2 Likes

In unison, I heard pundits and Dem Party spokespeople, on mainstream media, arguing how Bloomberg’s expected nomination represents the epitome of democratic governance. Arguments like:

Why should the Democratic [sic] Party be hijacked by a far-left fringe that doesn’t represent the majority.

Excluding a candidate just because he has been a successful businessman is undemocratic.

The Democratic Party rules have been established for years and have incorporated changes from Bernie Bros. Complaining about Bloomberg’s success, under these rules, is hypocritical. Calling for the rules to be changed now, in the midst of the electoral process, is undemocratic.

I’m not surprised by this dissembling, but it still pisses me off.

3 Likes

The Dems Party power structure is going through a re-evaluation of who they will select as the Party’s nominee. Many have realized that Biden is inept, and with the Buttigieg trial balloon showing his absolute lake of support from Black and Latinx communities, they are starting to swing around to Bloomberg. Since its all but assured that the Party power structure will nominate a right wing Democrat, it is essential that progressives:

1. Organize for a mass demonstration against the DNC in Milwaukee. Hopefully folk will organize civil disobedience efforts aimed at shutting down the DNC’s undemocratic business as usual.

2. Prepare for a big public mobilization in support of a progressive alternative to the Republican and Democrats right-wing candidates.

2 Likes

I agree, Bloomberg is in the race to spoil Bernie’s chances and take votes away from him during the primaries.

1 Like

Just read in the Guardian, this morning, that prominent (as in wealthy) black Obama donors are holding a fundraising event for Bloomberg in Chicago. This should be a reminder to all would-be pundits that blacks do not vote as a single bloc. Here’s an example of wealthy, conservative blacks being placing their loyalty to their economic/social class, first. These blacks are light years away from the politics of, say, Cornel West or MLK, though, of course, they’ll place MLK up on an altar for one whole day every January 20th.

2 Likes

Of course you are right, but look at the reason he won the 2016 election. If you do not offer people anything, why should they bother to vote or support your agenda?

“Shit-Life Syndrome,” Trump Voters, and Clueless Dems”
Check out this article in Counterpunch if you have any questions why Trump won.

2 Likes

What is LOTE?

An anti-Blooming Turd PATRIOT in action!

~ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPzCw_wBZqc

Exactly! Even if Bernie wins the popular vote the DNC will do everything it can to deny him the nomination even if that means Trump being re-elected. What happened in Iowa is nothing but a continuation 2016 election cheating.

1 Like

Here is the DP entrenched establishment’s BS narrative about who can win against trump, who is “leftist” and “un-electable”.

“Candidates including Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar have repeatedly warned that Sanders would lose to Trump – despite evidence suggesting otherwise – but each has broadened their attacks in the past days to suggest that nominating Sanders would also spell disaster for House and Senate Democrats”

All a propaganda narrative from desperate wannabees to again betray the nation and future by sabotaging and misrepresenting the popularity, issues and truth Bernie Sanders represents and champions every day!
How utterly pathetic that a billionaire’s wealth not issues or moral compass can buy the presidency - how pathetic the electorate?

The DP “moderates” or "centrists’ are tools of great wealth,like Bloomie’s and trumps, and same old, same old. The truth that (hopefully) we will see in Nevada, South Carolina, Texas, California, Colorado among other states, where Bernie is now leading or closing-in (SC), is that the truth Bernie speaks every day and his entire adult life, is what the people see and increasingly demand! Not another wealthy tool of status quo or D & R duopoly charade!
examples - for what their worth: ttps://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-primary-d/nevada/
ttps://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-primary-d/california/

People of good conscience who can still read and think independently see and feel the genuine honesty, the authenticity and dedication to the 99% and a sustainable future Bernie represents! .

Bernie 2020 for all of us, not fraudulent “moderation” or billionaires!

1 Like

Never forget for a minute that the likes of Bloomberg and all the wealthy donors backing Buttigieg, Klobuchar or Biden have MORE to lose with Sanders than with Trump. The party power elite have recently been scheming on a strategy to stop Sanders without losing his supporters on election day, but, in the end they will throw Sanders supporters under the boss if need be, even knowing that all those young Sanders voters are the very future of the party. This isn’t just a political struggle, it’s also a class struggle. Money, position and status, first, then ideals.

2 Likes

It’s “Lesser of Two Evils.” It is the bumper sticker ideology of leftists and progressives who attempt to herd people back into the Dem wing of the Capitalist Duopoly because they would be (according to the ideologues) less harmful for the people – ignoring the fact that it keeps the Duopoly in (s)electoral power for …well… forever.

Its twin cliche is “Safe States.” The progressive/leftist professional (mis)leadership class in the U.S. allows “Safe States” voting. That is, if your vote doesn’t matter because your state is assured by the (s)electoral college to go one way or another, you are permitted to actually vote for the best candidate instead of say, Clinton, w/o getting reamed out and marginalized by progressives and leftists because you are acting “strategically.”

Of course, they must ignore the horrors of Clinton, the DLC/DNC, global imperialism, etc. to promote this sick kind of strategic behavior.

The Bernie campaign is different IMO, because it promotes the greater good rather than the lesser evil, suggesting that we can actually win and exercise some kind of power – a novel concept in U.S. left/progressive circles where the dominant power is the power of personal opportunism.

Now, if Bernie can’t win the first ballot at the Dem Convention, my guess is that he he will return to his LOTE position of 2016 and support the right-wing losing “centrist” of the day. But that’s OK. He will have done his job of energizing a new generation of real organizers and progressives who will be hardened against the twin cliches of LOTE and Safe States going forward. Who knows what-the-hell they will do with that experience.

Most importantly, his campaign is hastening the demise of the Dem wing of the Duopoly, which is truly the greatest evil in U.S. (s)electoral politics because of its high-dollar ability to shepherd potential progressive and leftist voters.

That’s why I say:

BERNIE2020!!! NO SAFE STATES! NO LOTE! NO FEAR!!!

3 Likes

No. 1 is in the works. Check this out and circulate as broadly as you can:

ttps://riseupandresistdnc2020.godaddysites.com

Solidarity,

Tom Johnson
Columbus, OH USA

2 Likes

Thanks. I know what “Lesser of Two Evils” is; I just didn’t know the initials. (-: Thanks, LG.

2 Likes

I know I go on too much about these things, but they piss me off beyond anything. I apologize if my explanation sounds patronizing. It’s just that I’m 69 and never got the Tweet Thang down.

Solidarity,

Tom Johnson
Columbus, OH USA

1 Like

No problem, Tom. I’m 71 and don’t care to do the “Tweet Thang”. (-:
I don’t do the LOTE Trot. I’ll stay home or vote Green before I EVER hold my nose again, like I did in 2004 after they ran Kucinich out in favor of Kerry-the -Turncoat.

2 Likes

THIS will curl your teeth!

~ttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/bloomberg-is-considering-hillary-clinton-as-his-running-mate-says-matt-drudge/ar-BB102nJv

1 Like

Thanks. There’s also this: ttps://marchondnc.org/

Our local CPR group is organizing for the convention. I hope many others are as well.

1 Like