Home | About | Donate

Democrats Aim to Slam Brakes on Key Members of Trump's "Rigged Cabinet"

Democrats Aim to Slam Brakes on Key Members of Trump's "Rigged Cabinet"

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has been warned that Senate Democrats are planning to "aggressively target" eight of President-elect Donald Trump's Cabinet nominees, aiming to delay as long as possible the confirmation hearings slated to start next week.

Ruling class hypocrites have a little spat amongst themselves.

Hey, Schumer, what about that hefty corporate tax cut you want to hand out? How are you and Trump getting along with selling us out to the ruling class -- yet again?

That's some encouraging news to start the new year. We need all the good news we can get. Also, glad to hear that some Republicans in Congress will not go along with Trump's pro-Russian foreign policy. The resistance is building, even within the Beltway.

Sand in the gears ,?? boulders are more in order me thinks ,, or perhaps the heads that are still in the sand ,, aak

I expect, no, demand, we see obstruction the likes of which we have witnessed for the last eight years. There can be no reaching across the isle crap like Obama always did. it hurt us badly.
Democrats can't fall far to reach the bottom. They better listen to Bernie and do what we expect if they don't want a midterm election like the last one. They have to change and quit sucking up to the donors and Neoliberals if they ever want to stay in office. No more equivocating on issues. Do it or die.

Dems need to call for Trumps tax returns and a background check for security clearance. He has to be checked just like his cabinet.

While I am whole heartily hoping the dems stand up to all of these appointments, the hypocrisy is striking when you think of Clinton and Obama cabinet appointments. There guys were industry and banksters and were surely part of the problem and why none of them were prosecuted by either of the their justice departments. War crimes by industries and politicians/president and vice president?

We would not be where we are if Obama's Justice Department would of prosecuted banksters and jailed them. If Obama's Justice Department would of made war criminals out of Bush/Cheney/Rumsfelt. They are the good old boys club.

Trump won't prosecuted any of them, he's an outsider billionaire reality TV star but will become one of them just like Hillary was.

Interesting. Just read that DeVos is the sister of Erik Prince, of Blackwater. Not sure what that means.

► I just found out when I read your post

It never fails to amaze me, in the schizoid swing from lies sold as elections to the reality of predatory capitalism that can never be anything but pompous. Founded on a nose stuck into the air in declaration that ONLY the colonizer is 'human' and whatever is deemed not of the colonizer is 'savage' - the preternatural 'externalized costs' so coveted in narcissism, so far down in devolution that everything looks like up.

This is colonization 4.0. The software has so many bugs in it they're trying to keep it in a permanent infantilized, larval stage. But what it really needs is a completely new hard drive and operating system.

And yet the Democrats had no problem fielding a corporate/banking whore for the presidential race. No outrage when your own team does it, apparently.

This is currently happening under the Obama adminsitration, The EPA is chganging regulations so as to allow thousands of times more radiation in drinking water then is currently allowed.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/EPA_hid_planned_radiation_exposure_1%2C000s_of_times_Safe_Drinking_Water_Act_limits/56112/0/38/38/Y/M.html

These are the kinds of things Governments do in secret be they Republican or Democrat even as they publcly claim they on the sde of working people. It all duplicty. If resistance to Trump is to come , it can not be through the Democratic party as they will simply co-opt such movements and use to for their own benefit. They only care about power and enriching themselves and their friends by exercising that power.

The people in the USA need a new way and one not tied to the established order given the established order is a failure.

This is ture here in Canada as well given our recent experiences with Justin Trudeau promoting more "free trade" and more pipelines. Do not get suckered in by a "reformed" Democratic party or by the promoters trying to sell you that swill.

.. South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, whom Trump has nominated to serve as ambassador to the United Nations ..

She has the potential to do a good job, if she's allowed to.

Good luck with that. Harry Reid made sure that less debate would go on over presidential appointments. He was warned that the Dems would not be in power forever and that it could well turn around and bite him in the ass. Well, guess what? You have Harry and Barack to thank for that.

Looking at the picks made me think if this would have been the '60s, Trump would have picked someone like Ross Barret to be in charge of race relations. Its those kinds of people, the antithesis of the departments they will be in charge of.

Coming to a cabinet near you in 2017:
The Invasion of the Swamp Creatures
Orchestrated by Donald Trump
Produced by the Democratic National Committee
With a cast of Millions (aires)
Directed by Corporate Lackey
Rated XXXX - Not suitable for viewers under 110
Admission: More than you can afford
Sorry, no passes for human persons will be accepted for this event.
Paper Persons admitted free!

Why only eight? Why not all of the picks that are horrible?

Sessions wouldn't really be that bad for working citizens (of all colors and ethnic backgrounds).

He co-sponsored an amendment to the stalled immigration bill with Bernie Sanders several years back that would have greatly reduced the number of H1B and other work visas issued every year (naturally, that amendment failed....the visa allowances were greatly increased in the bill) and he would, I'm sure, more strongly enforce the laws against the employers of undocumented workers, something Bernie Sanders has been calling for since the 1980s.

Excuse my skepticism, but since the 1990s, the Democrats have enabled and successfully implemented more of the hard right wing agenda than Republicans could have ever dreamed possible.

Today's generation have a disturbingly narrow view of real life conditions. Not everyone can work, and there aren't jobs for all. That the US shut down/shipped out a huge number of jobs since the 1980s, ended actual welfare in the 1990s. The last I heard, there are 7 jobs for every 10 jobless people who still have the means to pursue one (home address, phone, etc.). Have you ever taken a moment to wonder what happens to those who are left out?

The US has been going down for years, as the wealth of this country has continued to accumulate at the very top. When Reagan was first elected, the overall quality of life in the US was rated at #1 -- far from perfect, but far better. By the time Obama was elected, this had already sunk to #48. This time, because the proverbial masses have been split apart and pitted against each other, middle class vs. poor, no one can push back against the fascist (by definition) takeover.