Home | About | Donate

Democrats Grapple With How Best to Vanquish Trump: Impeach, Bold Ideas, or Both?

Democrats Grapple With How Best to Vanquish Trump: Impeach, Bold Ideas, or Both?

Jake Johnson, staff writer

What's the best way to remove a corrupt and possibly criminal president from office?

2 Likes

How about - WALK & CHEW GUM.

Just sayin

8 Likes

Impeach, Bold Ideas, or Both?

BOTH!! The next election is in 2020, not 1920! The next election is for the next generation(s)!
The next generation is about innovation not political consternation.

6 Likes

From my perspective, the 25th Amendment.

4 Likes

since the ***********is impacting decisions made by the International Criminal Court and the UN, many in the global community would certainly be thankful to see that person held accountable.
Without challenging his hateful regime we are accepting it. How can a government today rule against making RAPE a criminal act of war? How can we continue to allow persecution and starvation by sanctions of entire populations. How can we continue to allow global ecocide? The list of imbalances is long and we all know it so I’ll stop now.

4 Likes

Which is? At any rate it is very difficult- it would be nice in fantasy to remove him and Pence. But can you imagine having that lunatic as prez?

1 Like

We all know this as he is the rapist in chief. but what are the solutions?

Part of me thinks Pence would be better, a more straight line Republican with less authoritarian tendencies. Of course, I’m not saying he’d be much better. And his justices would suck just as much as the Trump justices seeking to give Republicans competitive advantages in major areas of electoral politics.

What??? Pence is insane a rabidly insane evangelical who calls his own wife “mother.” We’d be living as a theocracy , and women would be jailed for even mentioning the word birth control. He is truly a corrupt insane too, as they all are. Why would you want a rethug anyway?

3 Likes

I’m not saying Pence would be much better, but I don’t think he’s a criminal who would operate his office for profit. He’d be terrible too though. As I link to, we’d get the same justices we have anyway, hellbent on locking in right wing electoral advantages.

I can’t stress enough that giving up Supreme Court seats is a disaster. RBG is not going to be on the court forever, and progressives need to think long and hard about giving justices similar to Mike Pence more power in 2020.

1 Like

Dems could start by not shit canning progressive candidates from behind closed doors. Otherwise known as shooting oneself in the foot. They’re good at that.

11 Likes

Well, yeah, but he also has been accused of corruption right in his home state- something about banking and housing I think.

They want to be good at that- the old guard the Nancys are guarding the hen house until they die.

1 Like

Again, he wouldn’t be much better, just a shade I suspect. Trump ain’t going anywhere anyway. McConnell isn’t going to get close to putting him on trial in the Senate.

1 Like

McConnell- yeah the corrupt old coot who blocked Obama’s every move. A corrupt old bigot and racist.

2 Likes

I’d say that most of the grappling is showmanship if you’re observations are correct.

4 Likes

Hopefully the dems pursue everything on the agenda. They have true blue believers in a progressive agenda, and folks that can bring smoke down on the administration and it’s crime boss. Those democratic candidates are all talented enough to make up a strong set of cabinet members and I would like to see them proceed as though that’s where they are headed.

2 Likes

On his flight across the pond in June on his way to the UK, he could “accidentally” fall out of Air Force One.

Couldn’t he?

2 Likes

I think that qualifies as “vanquished.”

1 Like

Don’t forget about state and local elections- the ones that hit you where you live.

1 Like