Home | About | Donate

Democrats Need to Rip Off the Mask and Impeach Trump on All Counts

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/01/09/democrats-need-rip-mask-and-impeach-trump-all-counts

5 Likes

Much like corruption is legal in the U.S., so apparently is Moscow Mitch’s refusal to allow Senate Democrats to participate in rule-making (or much else) in the impeachment process.

6 Likes

Skip the trial. Start building the gallows.

9 Likes

Yeah, we live in a Democracy and are so proud of it, that we push it on other nations.

Whether they like it or not.

5 Likes

Mitch is demonstrating exactly the ‘kind of democracy’ we have been ramming down the world throat since at lest the 50’s - The Fascist kind

15 Likes

Much as I want additional articles of impeachment for the sheer schadenfreude of it all, our nation needs them for the commitment to the Constitution, which supersedes by far my selfish impulses.

5 Likes

Democrats can’t “rip off the mask of timidity” because it is not a mask. Timidity is the very soul of who they are, with a couple of exceptions, such as AOC.

10 Likes

I disagree wholeheartedly. Speaker Pelosi, Rep. Schiff, and Rep. Nadler have done an amazing job considering who they have to work with.

I might add, Mr. Nader, that you were the reason the world was subjected to the presidency of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney/Halliburton, and the Iraq War. Following your advice isn’t necessarily a good idea.

you were the reason the world was subjected to the presidency of George W. Bush

Didn’t you get the memo? That fairytale was debunked years ago. I wish people would stop repeating it as if it had any basis in fact.

14 Likes

Enjoy being perhaps seeming selfishly schadenfreude this time. You are not alone. Drink beer cheering Impeachment! The list of impeachable offenses grew longer. OMG, where could it end? The man is mad and his mad men about him are thinking what population growth ‘method’ is to be taken to deal with that. Divest Daimler. German Trucks are no good. Nearly hit the other day by the one electric BMW speedster in town. German EVs are crap. The world’s worst EVs are German, especially the Daimler freight truck EV worse than the most over-rated EV on the road, Tesla. Elon Musk is a chump.

I voted for Ralph Nader in the past and I would do it again without hesitation. He has always walked the walk just like Bernie. He has devoted his entire life to the betterment of our democracy even though many of the battles he has fought have been lost. His ideas toward Trump’s impeachment are spot on, in my opinion. The Ukrainian situation will never get enough traction to oust the supreme bully.

7 Likes

Although I nearly always agree with Ralph I don’t agree that more counts or all counts will result in Senate Republicans removing Trump. Trump’s 2016 campaign assertion that he could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and not lose one vote has serially proven true not only among his voters but also among Congressional Republicans and that will NEVER change.

As soon as the articles are in Moscow Mitch’s hands we will witness a months long circus that will make Trump look better than ever and the Democrats look like criminals. I DO agree with Ralph that the House needs to add as many impeachable counts to the articles that they can find. I would add that they need to take at least until October to complete that task. That way we will be treated to the sweet sound of Congressional Republicans and faux noose endless squealing while voters keep hearing about the most recent counts added to the articles. Any other strategy will put Trump in a more powerful posture than he has ever been in.

5 Likes

“When will Colin Powell, George Shultz, and other leading figures from past administrations stand tall and speak out? When will former President Barack Obama stand up to Donald Trump?” - Ralph Nader.

Mr. Nader, I respect you and agree with the thrust of your article whole-heartedly.
But, why would you expect the people named above to do the right thing? Don’t they have their own disreputable records of public service? tRump is just the usual public office holder, but on steroids – is that not right?

Peace.
ths.

4 Likes

It is better for one man to die than a whole nation.

3 Likes

No, we need to be better than them. There should be a trial. And while it is going on, we can require them to build their own gallows. Sort of like forcing someone to demolish their own home when the illegal order has been given for it to be done.

2 Likes

Same old Bullshit blame game CRAP!
How DARE Nader/Stein have run for the presidency in a “democracy”?!
What fucking arrogance!
(Oh, brother. The idiocy just doesn’t stop)

7 Likes

Mitch would never allow that. Remember, no business that might be good for the country can be done within a year or two of the next election. Heaven forbid someone actually do their job in Washington.

1 Like

That kool-aide must taste mighty good because you’ve certainly had plenty.

4 Likes

They cannot take of the mask without self implication and so it will not happen.

2 Likes

As articles are in Moscow Mitch hands we witness a months long circus to make Trump look better and Democrats like criminals. I agree the House needs to add impeachable offense counts to the articles that they find. I would add they need to take until October to complete that task. That way we’ll be treated to the sweet sound of congress republicans endless squealing while voters hear recent counts added to articles of impeachment. Other strategy puts Trump in power, more than he ever wrongfully assumed. He whose name shall not be mentioned,
“wears a died blond hairdo?”

1 Like