Home | About | Donate

Democrats, Neoconservatives Unite In Support Of Strikes In Syria As Trump Launches Attack

Democrats, Neoconservatives Unite In Support Of Strikes In Syria As Trump Launches Attack

Kevin Gosztola

Amidst growing calls for greater military action in Syria in response to an alleged chemical attack, the United States military launched more than fifty Tomahawk missiles at the al-Shayrat airfield near Homs. Democrats along with neoconservatives, who long pushed for U.S. military forces to topple President Bashar al Assad’s regime, advocated for military force in response to alleged chemical attack.

Cue the Democratic apologencia: death by chemical weapons is worse than death by drone strike.

So we support Hilary who supports Trump, but only this time.

Anybody interested in paying attention to our "balance sheets?"

What's the going rate for a Tomahawk missile these days? (I haven't bought one.) I'd like to see the cost expressed in lost school funding, or early childcare, or lead abatement in Flint, or...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.

• Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Apparently a very difficult admonition to follow...

Sad!

Tomahawk Missile $1.5 Million / per.

Guess they'll have to order up another Five Dozen now, don't want to run low.

Even more sad. :disappointed:

My daughter teaches early childhood education to at-risk kids. Think how much good 50 (or whatever it was) Tomahawks worth would do for them...

US Military eats up Tax Dollars to the tune of $114 Million an Hour, almost $2 Million a Minute.

The Rooskies are saying many didn't even reach the airbase.

Another fine use of taxpayers dollars.

Peace
Po

Expanding middle eastern wars confirms that the duopoly continues to serve the military industrial media infotainment complex (MIMIC) that owns the GOP and Democratic Parties.

With Trump in office the arms industry was wondering how to bolster sales now that they can no longer get domestic gun owners to bolster their arsenals simply by releasing fake news that Obama was going to take their guns away. Expanding wars resolves that concern. Murkin sepshunalism at its best.

Thanks, Kevin, for doing what journalists are supposed to do.

Now we know that the real reason the Dims and the unspeakable neocons were so dead-set against Drumpf had little or nothing to do with misogyny, racism, or economics, and everything to do with his stated reluctance (now vaporized) to continue to prosecute the regime-change wars in the Middle East.

Imagine my surprise.

1. We don't know who used nerve gas, or even if it was accidentally released as a result of an air strike.
  2. Which side will benefit most from this response to it?
  3. Is using nerve gas on Syrians, as horrible as that is, somehow worse than using white phosphorous on Palestinian civilians, or Napalm on Vietnamese civilians?

Our nation seems to have a suspiciously selective sense of outrage.

It's about time we get more of you here, Kevin!

But since you point out that Clinton and her folk are all for this, the commentators who've taken over these comments sections who are ant-Trump/pro-Clinton are boycotting the article and comments on it.

You've been great, Kevin. Keep it coming. Thanks.

Kevin always tells it like it is!

Why not say "NeoLiberals, Repooplicans unite" instead of "DamnocRats, Neoconservatives unite"?  To be even more accurate, why not say "Clinton-istas, Cheney-ites" unite??   For the third or fourth time, O'Bummer spoke the truth at least once during his presiduncy when he said on January 27, 2010, "The differences between the two major parties are not as great as they are sometimes made out to be."

Death by drone strike - if you're the target of a direct hit - MAY be more instantaneous and therefor somewhat merciful compared to the 15- or 20-minute death by suffocation if you're bathed in only a moderate amount of Sarin, so I suppose Hilliary MIGHT be given the benefit of the doubt here in some cases. But what's the differ­ence if you die by suffocating under a collapsed hospital instead of out in the open from a dose of nerve gas?   IMHO, any public figure commenting for -OR- against any U.S. military actions should first reveal his or her ownership of ANY interest - direct or indirect - in any korporation providing services or supplies of any kind to our military, and any "campaign contributions" (aka bribes) received from said korporations.

The DamnocRats appear to be condoning death by guillotine or hanging rather than the "merciful" chemical methods used to execute the death sentences of inmates in some states . . .

Thanks for reading!

I'll keep it coming! And I'm glad Common Dreams saw my piece and republished it!

Thanks for reading!

I wouldn't worry about the pro-Clinton folks. These are the people who think Trump may have attacked a Syrian airbase to distract from a Russian investigation. The kooky conspiracy theories keep coming from those who still haven't accepted she lost because she ran a poor campaign. Plain and simple.

I'm sure the pro-Clinton people will be quick to ignore that Hillary herself supported these attacks.

The cost of 'Empire'.

To whom is this worth the price of admission?

Hickory Dickory Dock
The 'Louse' Approved The Lot,
The Bombs Were Sent,
Have To Reload For Lent,
Hickory Dickory Dock.