Home | About | Donate

Democrats’ War on Due Process and Terrorist Fearmongering Long Predate Orlando

Democrats’ War on Due Process and Terrorist Fearmongering Long Predate Orlando

Glenn Greenwald

Before the bodies were removed from the Pulse nightclub in Orlando last week, Democrats began eagerly exploiting that atrocity to demand a new, secret “terrorist watchlist”: something that was once the domestic centerpiece of the Bush/Cheney war-on-terror mentality.

There is a silver lining to placing all of the terrorists on the no-fly lists and not allowing them to buy weapons:

Once this passes, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton will no longer be allowed to fly anywhere because of their continued use of drones for purposes of terrorism. Air Force One will be grounded! And they will no longer be able to walk into their local gun store to buy their drones.

That should slow them down a bit!

5th Amendment Right to Due Process.

Now a memory?

Well, that's one of the objectives the bogus 9/11 narrative was all about, wasn't it?

Terrorism , the gift that keeps on giving.

Barak Obama is proposing all Americans be issue an Internet ID. In order to post to the internet they will need this ID so they can be identified easily.

Shades of Revelations, it now being proposed that all transactions between individuals or between and individual and a business be strictly controlled and monitored, this starting with the removal of cash and with people using what called a secure form of ID to replace all previously cash transactions. Banks can on the notice of the Government or law enforcement agencies instantly turn off that access to that card meaning you could not even buy a hamburger if hungry. It also means they can easily track your every movement throughout the day.

Thank you again Mr. Greenwald for all your hard work.
These actions are part of the march to a police state only imagined in films. With Clinton close to being installed as Queen we see how far along this is to complete domination of our every move.
I believe Orlando was an FBI honey pot trap. Manteen was conflicted about his homosexuality and a confused lost soul. Perfect mark for a trap. Who was the man holding the exit door shut, as one witness described, and not letting people out? FBI?
We have to stop Clinton, we have to get in the streets and in their face, and the time is now.
Never Hillary

I use pseudonyms here and on other commenting sites so I can say what I truly believe without having to live my life looking over my shoulder in fear of gun-nuts, or radical Zionists, or right-wing fascists who might want to "pay me a visit". Posting ideas anonymously is a tradition in this country that goes back to the founders, who wrote broadsides under pseudonyms, so they would not be arrested and hanged by the British. I have every right to to post my opinions anonymously, and will oppose any attempt to force me to have to reveal my identity in order to express a valid, if unpopular, opinion.

There are a lot of issues at work here.

Frankly, I think a moratorium on assault weapons is WAY overdue.

Now as for the "probable terrorist" category, it reminds me of the film "Minority Report" where there's a "Pre-Crimes" division arresting people BEFORE they commit the crimes they are intending to commit.

These types of films fall under the banner of "Predictive Programming." They embed into mass culture the protocols the elites plan to eventually utilize.

Yesterday I viewed this fascinating segment led by Abby Martin. She is a bright treasure. What intrigued me is that after the attack in France, Holland has now set up the context for CRIMINALIZING dissent by turning anyone who speaks in "Conspiracy Theories" into a threat!

Here's the link:

When I was a child growing up in the Cold War era, we were constantly propagandized by stories of secret government lists and communist secret police knocking on doors in the night and taking people away to met some unknown, but surely horrible, fate. Over and over, we were told that's why we had to fight the communists, that's what made us different, blah, blah, blah.

Of course, it was BS, then, just as waving the flag and calling this the land of the free is now, all the more so when the supposed party of the people is quite content to shred constitutional rights. Watch lists and secret lists have no place in a democracy, but, then, who said this was a democracy?

Thank you for the link. This has to be brought into each and every conversation of politics to delve beneath the slick surfaces. Please re-post these insightful reports early and often.

Nope . I am Canadian and I vote green. Have done so for decades

Did you get to the part where Holland is setting up legislation to criminalize those accused of being "Conspiracy Theorists"? In the U.S., Cass Sunstein set up a very similar protocol; and as professor Crispin points out, it's really about setting up a legal framework through which to criminalize dissent. Any environmentalist who questions the legitimacy of Monsanto's safety claims could be construed as a "Conspiracy theorist" along with those of us (and that "us" includes HUNDREDS of engineers and scientists) who know that the 911 Official Story is a crock of shit.

Pinochet criminalized dissent. The old Soviet Union had gulags designed just for such persons and the Nazis were hardly fond of anyone critiquing their ubiquitous war machine.

Chris Hedges understood this trend when the NDAA was passed given its loose language as per what constitutes an actual terrorist.

Now, with corporations anesthetizing more and more Civil Liberties, as well as Environmental and Labor Laws through treaties like TPP and TIPP... the reciprocal drive to silence all who dissent against their hegemonic controls will escalate.

Back in 2010 I posted comments that explained that the seasons would be pushed off their axes. I think that has been proven largely true.

The year 2018 looks HORRIFIC for human rights and civil liberties. However, often it's when the rubber band is pressed to the max that it finally pops.

Shift should occur at the end of 2020 and crescendo into the formation of far wiser laws and universal practices by 2024.

What's key is enduring this Transition.

Not so much BS. US troops were kicking in doors and dragging people out of their homes in Iraq and Afghanistan quite recently. Probably a tactic we learned from ....

Brings to mind Naiomi Klein's No Logo.

Just think, though, about the idiocy of those attempts at uber control and micro managing. First of all, it takes money--lots of it. Then, you are talking hundreds of millions of individuals to spy on--a logistical nightmare. And of course, court challenges which take time and money to defend. I can see people sitting around fantasizing about these maneuvers, but as we have seen over the past 15 years, there are very few competent people even remotely capable of designing such a system, and a passle of nincompoops using these tools. Snowden gave us a nice window into the inner workings, where young men and women use their powers to gossip, rip people off, spy on their sex lives, and basically waste their time and our money.

This just in... on lawsuits against the Clinton camp as per the fraud masquerading as election primaries:

Racketeering lawsuit:

"Potential terrorist", "presumptive nominee" everything is a guess and the use of such memes greatly influences the unthinking public's thinking about a particular subject. It has so far thrown the Dem primary to Clinton and it will soon throw innocent citizens in jail.

I like your comment except for the use of 2024, 8 years from now, as a time of redemption. Now some people will look at that and sleep for another 8 years. I feel the rubber band will pop soon. Who knows what happens after that?

I am frequently reminded that Pinochet was puppet of the 'Chicago Boys' - the test run and model for the petard that hoisted Milton Friedman et al and the half century orgy of erectile dysfunction of neo-liberalism. No matter how much they stroke it, the dissociative manipulations never result in anything other than dead-in-the-water sink pits feeding the gaping maws of bottomless pits fashioned as derivatives. So dire are the voids on which this walking disaster is dependent that the double-dire duplicitous dares are nearing the snapping point.

I also find that when condemnations are used to create "enemies" and such, the descriptions tend to be reflective of the very practices of those in power attempting to advance the criminalization measures. Hence the ever deeper pits of secrecy and militarization. They seem to see the integrity of nature and the demos all over the world struggling to emerge and then attempt to fashion a way to extract debt "value" from these struggles. It is an utterly unsustainable downward spiral consuming its own propagandized mirror world as it cracks and fractures. Then it looks at the fractured images and seems to think its seeing legitimate, natural fractal patterns, wondering all the while why there is biome collapse, exhaustion and entire peoples simply turning away.

I agree - endurance - loving endurance, solidarity across wide swaths of diversity are key.

From Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein’s platform:

http://www.jill2016.com/platform
(scroll down to “Justice for All” section)

“Terminate unconstitutional surveillance and unwarranted spying, close Guantanamo, and repeal indefinite detention without charge or trial. Repeal the unconstitutional provisions of the National Defense Authorization Act that give the president the power to indefinitely imprison and even assassinate American citizens without due process.”

Trust me. It was not. I was there. And Americans were as clueless then as they are now about what's going on in the world.