Home | About | Donate

Dems Aid Confirmation of Inexperienced Safety-Net Foe Ben Carson

Dems Aid Confirmation of Inexperienced Safety-Net Foe Ben Carson

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Retired neurosurgeon and failed presidential candidate Ben Carson was confirmed to lead the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on Thursday, despite having no experience in housing policy or government in general, after the Senate voted in his favor 58-41.

The full roll call is here.

The Trump alliance takes shape. Think the Democratic Party will be moving left?

Think again. Protests? What protests? Town halls? What town halls?

Wall Street on a roll is all that matters to the power center of the Democratic Party. They are completely A OK with neoliberal economics on steroids, mixed with a heaping dose of fascism.

I mean, can't you just smell all that money? They sure as hell can.

They have important expensive dinners to task, power/money tweets to make, Breitbart off the record meetings to attend, lobbyist goodies to be titillated by. These corporate Democrats were no doubt thrilled (most not publicly) witnessing the tamed for TV Trump. Thrilled! Cool, the corporate takeover can proceed and just think how much freedom this Administration gives us to move further to the right!!!

Me cynical? You bet I am.

Again, I'm talking the current corporate power center of the Democratic Party. And whenever Schumer, or other corporate servicing Democrats make some comment aligned with some populist notion, don't take it serious. They don't really mean it.

We live in proverbial interesting times and they really look like the devil.

I had originally contacted Warren on her support of Ben Carson and looks like many had called her on this as she now has voted against him. My thought was great, not only is my healthcare and SS in jeopardy so is my housing and millions of older people and those with disabilities will be in the same situation. Stay strong. Anger has its rightful place and can serve as our catalyst to organize against these soul less folks.

We are shocked! Never mind that, over the past 20 years, the the Clinton Democrats have implemented more of the right wing agenda than Republicans could have ever dreamed possible. Never mind that Democrats have maintained the lead in our war on the poor.

Would Democrats ever consider targeting the "safety net?" Well, Bill Clinton ended actual welfare aid some 20 years ago, and took the first steps to similarly "reform" Social Security, targeting the disabled. As our attention began turning to the 2016 elections, Dems in Congress kicked off 2015 with voting to virtually end food stamps to the elderly poor and the disabled (cut from $115 per month, down to $10).

Still, liberals have certainly not been allies of all those who have been phased out of the job market. If the US had a left of any size, they would have been shining a spotlight on our poverty crisis as proof of the failures of our deregulated capitalism.

Warren's vote was meaningless, in that it had no impact on the outcome, and given her initial support, I have to wonder just what she'd have done if it would have made the difference.

still trying to "reform" the damn dems. give it up folks. they could care less about the rest of us. ugly times showing us their true selves. not much better than the bigot fascist attny general who only recuses himself for lyilng to Congress. third party movement and resistance daily.

The situation is dire when a respected brain surgeon is, supposedly, somehow, qualified to lead HUD. Sounds to hard to believe as I can remember his,(Ben's) complete lack of governmental knowledge in his presidential bid. I'm getting to where I don't even want to look at the news anymore and I'm a news junkie. I wish there was a good answer to this nightmare of a bad trip, but so far there isn't.

This is the guy who said that King David built the pyramids to store grain, right?

Respected brain surgeon? I thought there had been lawsuits against him.

I think his main qualification is that he owns a home.