Home | About | Donate

Deniers Deflated as Climate Reality Hits Home

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/12/deniers-deflated-climate-reality-hits-home

1 Like

Repeat after me:

Its not climate change, ITS GLOBAL WARMING!

1 Like

I concur with natureboy. It’s climate change driven by GLOBAL WARMING!!! There is also, and just as bad, if not worse, Global Poisoning. Toxins by the millions of tons are produced yearly and the runoff from a lot of the agricultural toxins ends up in the oceans poisoning everything that lives in the sea. Nuclear waste sits around in rusting barrels with no good place to store it. Chernobyl and Fukushima continues to poison the land and Pacific ocean respectively. This is a 20,000 year problem. Longer than civilization has existed the radioactive decay from the melted reactors will continue to contaminate Earth. And remember there are over 400 active nuclear reactors around the world. They require constant human attention without which in a few weeks turn into 400+ Fukushima’s&Chernobyl’s. Yeah, frightening. This is more than most of the nuclear weapons being deployed all at once! Peace

7 Likes

Just as a reminder, the Fraser institute oft cited by the Health Insurance industry down in the USA as some sort of experts on the Canadian system. They are a right wing funded think tank PAID by the Corporations to arrive at the findings they arrive it.

As to that quotation from the “God designed the system to be self correcting” nut. This reminds me of the video that made the rounds some years back where the presenters peeled and ate a banana. The showed how it conveniently fit in the hand as they peeled and ate it suggesting that because it fit the human hand it was DESIGNED to do so and could only have been designed by God.

I always roll my eyes when I see that.

2 Likes

Thank you …for this …comment.

I remember suggesting to a scientific elder (I was just a stupid teenager) that perhaps the Earth, or Gaia has a way of correcting itself when things get out of whack.

“Yep,” he replied, “by getting rid of the perpetrators!”

3 Likes

Where are you getting your information that Fukushima continues to “poison” the Pacific ocean? Is that claim based on any actual science or evidence?

Read a little deeper . .

Read what, exactly? Your note seems not to have included any references or sources.