Home | About | Donate

Denouncing DeVos, Warren Vows to Appoint Education Secretary With 'Real Teaching Experience,' Not Conflicts of Interest

Denouncing DeVos, Warren Vows to Appoint Education Secretary With 'Real Teaching Experience,' Not Conflicts of Interest

Julia Conley, staff writer

In her latest pledge to lead an administration that would fight for working Americans, Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Monday announced that she would only consider former public school teachers to be her education secretary should she be elected president in 2020.

An official who would be able to identify with the thousands of teachers who have rallied at state capitols across the country over the past year, the Massachusetts Democrat argued, would fight for far better policies than those that Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has proposed.

You’re on the right track Liz.

It’s so unfortunate you are a few years late.

Bernie could have used your endorsement in 2015/2016 when it would have mattered most.

3 Likes

I should be watching the performance of DEVIOUS closer. I’m not sure what percentage of effort is in making things better for our run down schools and the students that attend them. Or if it is all about getting as many white kids into charter schools as possible.

Any insights are welcomed.

DeVos percentage of effort in making things better for our run down [public] schools is essentially zero.  DeVos’ main goal is to DESTROY public education so that as much of our tax money as possible can be diverted to dominionist schools where innocent children can be brainwashed with creationist bullshit from early childhood through graduate school in support of the “christian” theocracy that she, Pence, Rubio, Sessions et al are intent on forcing upon the rest of us. Along with Tweetle-Dumb him-
self and his recent appointments to the Supreme Court, DeVos and her funny-dementalist fellow trav­elers are among the most dangerous threats our democracy has ever faced.

3 Likes

Thanks for that input Fester. I just want to see or hear some dialogue going.

This must be a radical and novel concept to republicans

DeVos is doing an excellent job. Like all of the cabinet appointments she was put there to destroy the department she oversees. She has been working hard at the task like the zealot she is. She decreased almost everything in her budget request except funding for charter schools, which received a budget line increase.

2 Likes

Hi Gandolf: When I first heard the DeVos lady speak-----I wondered who this rich person was who was given a position that she clearly was not suited for. Then when I found out her brother was the murderous Eric Prince ----then the insanity all made sense.
Betsy’s job is to dumb down the students so well, that none will have any skills for any work, EXCEPT, now we know that her brother is in the rent a killer business pretending to be a valid part of a military, we see the connection So, she dumbs them down, and he picks them up as war fodder----so in a way, it’s a family business, where DEATH BECOMES THEM, and makes them even richer. America is becoming a very sad, but scary place. : (

3 Likes

Them getting richer is certainly a side benefit which I had overlooked, but – as noted above – DeVos’ REAL job is to dumb our children down so they fall for the funny-dementalist BULLSHIT of the far-right “christians” who want to undermine our secular Constitution and turn Amerika into a Theocracy — sorta like Iran, but MUCH, MUCH worse . . .

1 Like

It’s good to hear candidates indicate whom or what kind of person they’ll appoint for various administration posts. Let’s hear some more!

2 Likes

America’s unaccountable leaders are addicted to war, election rigging, and staying re-elected.
It only takes a fourth grade education to join the Army, and just follow orders. The Army is God.
Fourth graders who join Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children are killing machines and nothing more.
Endless wars cost too much and take too long. That’s why DONALD JUDAS TRUMP is President.

Betsy is no surprise. We saw it coming because prior to the Phat Boy, she was doing much the same thing in Michigan and thanks to her actions, the education system in Michigan, which once had been among the best in the country, took a nose dive.

The comforting thing is that a dem. president could find a dozen more qualified people for any post than Trumpenstein has tagged.

1 Like

As UncleFester noted, it’s primarily about getting as many public dollars into private hands as possible. Killing the teachers’ union(s) would be a fringe benefit.

“Hi Uncle Fester, and yes, it all comes down to being, " ALL about the benjamins” in the end, and that is what is so sad. Fortunately, and thanks to Greta Thunberg around the world ,kids are gathering and demanding that their future not be an oil polluted garbage dump! I am wondering when some of the very zealous religious people and leaders of religions will ask, if God created the world, what right do any religions or armies or nations, or corporations -----what right do they have to destroy Earth? I would like to hear religious leaders speak to that! : )

1 Like

Religious leaders have been the allies, supporters & beneficiaries of the secular leadership since the beginnings of civilization, and religion has long been the most important tool used by the powerful to maintain domination over the ignorant masses — witness the role of the Catholic Church, especially in the Middle Ages, and the later role of the Church of England on the British Isles.  The excuse used by “christians” in more recent times to justify the rampant destruction of Mother Nature is the – probably deliberate – mis-translation giving man dominion over the earth and all of its creatures rather than the stewardship described in earlier teachings.

Hi UncleFester: LOL, oh yes, “dominion over the earth.” Hmmm maybe the military -industrial-complex, which of course includes corporations— neither seems to know the difference between the word “dominion,” and the word ,"destruction."But weirdly, it seems that the corporations think that they are god— seeing how, they are said to be, “people,” but somehow don’t die, although they can rot to their very cores. : )