Home | About | Donate

Denouncing Pompeo's 'Disturbing' Pro-War Record, Grassroots Groups Pressure Democrats to Unite Against His Confirmation

Denouncing Pompeo's 'Disturbing' Pro-War Record, Grassroots Groups Pressure Democrats to Unite Against His Confirmation

Jake Johnson, staff writer

With the Senate Foreign Relations Committee expected to vote against recommending President Donald Trump's Secretary of State pick Mike Pompeo to the full Senate on Monday, 50 grassroots organizations sent a letter (pdf) to Democratic senators denouncing Pompeo's "disturbing" record of warmongering and urging them to block his confirmation when he reaches the floor for a

Good luck the dems will be met with Natanyahu’s wrath for having accepted Zionist bribes and the wrath of the necon Zionists here in America through IPAC and other channels connected to the apartheid terrorist regime in Israel.

When people say this is not normal these two candidates for office personify what this means. How unAmerican can you get?

Sen. Joe Manchin loves being a Senator more than he loves being a true American patriot. He thinks W. Virginia Tea Party and Trumpter voters will not see his duplicity and incoherent messaging in 2018? They’re an awful lot of bad things but I doubt they’re a bunch of half-witted suckers. Does he see them this way? As suckers?
The Democratic Party is not going to bend to either Mnachin or Heitkamp on their support for military adventures, and wars, around our planet. Which is what Trump is literally banking on in offering up a Trio of Terribles, here.
It’s a death wish for the Democratic Party if they do. And, they must know that, deep down. Schumer and Durbin need to flip these votes or be saddled with the potentially nasty results, too.

Feinstein has her back. The monster will be confirmed.

Again, not interested in repeating the exhaustive debate that I had on this forum regarding Feinstein’s role in this sorry clucking mess i.e., my assertion that her “investigation” amounted to a coverup of CIA’s torture.

So those defending Feinstein, by all means, the last word is yours.

My only defense of Field Marshall Feinstein is to fully support her opponent.

If Pompeo is confirmed it would be even more evidence of the shithole status of this nation.