Home | About | Donate

Denying Pre-Trial Detainees the Right to Vote Must Stop

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/21/denying-pre-trial-detainees-right-vote-must-stop

1 Like

Thank you Rev. Jackson for informing me, a great minority albeit, of such an injustice. “Innocent until proven guilty.” Bovine Scat, writ large. My vote goes with more anger the more I learn. My vote ever goes more informed. Thank you, sir.

1 Like

So, we casually forget about 700,000 eligible to vote…in elections that disregard popular vote…and that are won by 60,000 votes or so. How could this be intentional? And how could we call ourselves an oligarchy? It is obviously the Russians’ interference.

1 Like

This topic should maybe be filed under the more things chance, the more they remain the same. Most of us understand the founding fathers of this country didn’t want the poor voting either, and here we are 244 years later, and not much has changed. Real progress.

2 Likes

Good work, but i would go much further. NO ONE should be denied the right to vote. Not convicted felons. Not anyone. Citizen? You can vote. And i would lower the voting age to 16. i would push a Constitutional amendment that establishes a universal right to vote, and lowers the voting age to 16.

2 Likes

The Swamp is alive and well. Vote! As for our future as a country? “The best judge of future behavior is past behavior.” ~ Dr. Phil ~

1 Like

I was unaware. There is nothing to fear from outside interference in our elections. The subterfuge is all from within…always has been. It has never been so obvious. To deflect blame on “enemy” countries is to deflect blame from the sinister forces within our country working against the people. I actually believe that in this election, every single vote will count and is needed to turn the tide. From here we really must build the progressive party and make the Democratic Party the one that is more conservative compared to a movement interested in positive change for the people who pay the taxes that fund the govt that has oppressed us all. No more! Vote them all out.