Home | About | Donate

Deputy NSC Advisor Pick McFarland: Treat Middle Easterners Like Kids

Deputy NSC Advisor Pick McFarland: Treat Middle Easterners Like Kids

Derek Davison

On Friday, Donald Trump’s transition team announced that Fox News national security analyst Kathleen Troia McFarland will serve as his Deputy National Security Advisor, working under National Security Advisor–designate Michael Flynn. McFarland previously served on Gerald Ford’s National Security Council and as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs in the Reagan administration, from 1982 to 1985.

We in the West think of peace as society’s default position. War is a temporary state of affairs that happens when peace fails. For us, war is something that has a beginning, a middle, and an end. When it is over, win or lose, the warring factions lay down their arms, and resume their normal lives.

Thanks for this bit of comedy first thing in the morning.

Always amazed when people can trot out their degrees and universities attended (philosophy at Oxford! Oh my!) and yet they still come off as ignorant condescending pricks. How is that. I guess the philosophical part of philosophy slid off the hardened armor of self-righteous know-it-all arrogance or something. One thing I have learned over the years living overseas: people don't like being treated as though they were stupid. It pisses them off. And they don't like the American brand of "how the world should look." Democratic peace" and all that. Gee.

I know--right? LOL!

O M effing G!
Twumpie again chooses the worst of the worst.
Macfarland is an arrogant arse.
She sounds like a Sarah Palin with multiple degrees, however, still simplistic in her 'reasoning' and utterly, hopelessly clueless.
The last two paragraphs sum things up quite precisely.

There's one word to explain the ideology of McFarland (and Trump) and all the rest of Trumps cabinet choices: AUTHORITARIANISM!

It strikes me that war has been the USA's default position, somewhere or another if not at the same time in both, since the USA was first invented.

Oxford University; margaret thatcher, Tony Blair, David Cameron, Boris Johnson, Theresa May, Bill Clinton (Rhodes Scholar) and now this lady ? At least Oxford can't be blamed for Obama.

Either conservatives are morons or killing, maiming, raping, robbing, polluting, extinguishing, depleting, impoverishing, starving, imprisoning, and other psychopathic behavior is normal.