Home | About | Donate

'Despicable': Outrage After Trump Declares Friday a 'Great Day' for George Floyd

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/05/despicable-outrage-after-trump-declares-friday-great-day-george-floyd

5 Likes

Trump is not “tone deaf,” Trump hates us and wants us to go die.

11 Likes

Psychopath/sociopath/malignant narcissist/mpd…

11 Likes

IMPEACH NOW, and list all his crimes from day one not the flimsy one you were unable to convince the people were worthy charges. WTF is wrong with our system of corporate thugs running this country from both the whole of the repulican party and corporate democrats.

9 Likes

Insensate jaw-flapping chreode.

From wikipedia …Creode or chreod is a neologistic portmanteau term coined by the English 20th century biologist C.H. Waddington to represent the developmental pathway followed by a cell. Combining the Greek roots for “necessary” and “path,” the term was inspired by the property of regulation. When development is disturbed by external forces (anything not trump), the embryo attempts to regulate its growth and differentiation by returning to its normal developmental trajectory.

Sort of like a walking cell (prison that is) in an inescapably patterned rut.

Somewhere, someone is preparing an illustration of some sort for a visual analog of the above.

1 Like

It does not matter whether it’s “despicable,” or “outrageous” or “shocking.”
What does matter is that Congress and the Courts are not only allowing him to remain in office to continue his rampage, but is also going to let him to run for a second term. For what he has done for three-and-one-half years, to this very day, and what he will thus likely do between November 3rd and January 20th, he does not belong in this country. Just because we’ve not considered this in the past does not necessarily mean that we cannot consider it now.

9 Likes

The American brand has been revealed to be vacuous.

6 Likes

One thing for sure… no matter what happens between November 3rd and January 20th it will not be pretty. Michael Cohan: " Trump will not leave office in 2021".

4 Likes

please somebody shut this man’s mouth once and for all. he should be made to resign immediately!

2 Likes

I’ve heard a lot of white folk outraged at the uprising. Many seem to be embracing Trump’s line that the ‘real’ problem is not structural white supremacy and racial terrorism, but destruction of property. I don’t know how to get out alternative perspectives, but I’m concerned that if we don’t, we could face a backlash and, given our anti-democratic government in which every Democrat (except, maybe AOC, Ilhan Omar, etc) and every Republican promotes the interests of their plutocratic bosses.

4 Likes

Netflix has a revealing series about Trump though a few of his bad dealings are missing, like the housing discrimination suit which he lost in spite of Roy Cohn’s services.

In one part he says that …" there are predators and there are victims, you can be one or the other." Thereby admitting that he is a psychopath.

Now it is hard to tell if his present behavior now is an act due to change of roles; vs the way he behaved as younger- still totally ruthless of course. But earlier he was not prone to saying flamingly stupid outrageous comments. It appears he has decompensated, which is mental health speak for losing his mind. It seems to me that every week, maybe every day, he exceeds expectations. Just when I think he has reached the pinnacle of autocracy, corruption, stupidity, etc.; he comes out with something even worse.

5 Likes

Our hope resides with the likes of James Mattis, who finally has spoken out. The military will have to decide to whom or what they are ultimately allegiant because, as we see, Congress and the Courts are simply not going to do anything about it - that is, except allow him to seek a second term.

2 Likes

It’s amazing all the manure that comes out of this guys mouth every day.

5 Likes

“Research has found that sociopathy and psychopathy trace back to dysfunctional childhood circumstances. Research shows there is stunted emotional development in socio/psychopaths.
Trauma early in life will prevent some people from reaching emotional maturity. Emotionally stunted people are stuck in the narcissistic state that all children start out with in life. It’s fine for children, nature makes them selfish so they can focus on being children and growing.
If a child is traumatized, this state may become permanent. Trauma makes children shut down emotionally. This stops the process of the child reaching emotional maturity. Being numb and shut down stops empathy from developing. When the child reaches maturity in this state, he or she is disconnected from the emotional reality of other people. You have to feel emotion to feel empathy and compassion. Numb people are often dangerous.
Many people make analogies that liken Trump to a child, for good reason. He tantrums when the media or whoever criticizes him. He’s not aware of the importance of others. He’s all about ego. He doesn’t admit his mistakes, he blames other people for his mistakes. He acts impulsively and not from mature deliberation. Everything centers around him in and and other people are objects to him.”

I do not remember where i acquired this analysis and of course do not know his childhood history, but i have experience with this kind of behaviour and it is a perfect description of what ails him.

4 Likes

President Bunker Baby emerges from his hideout to toot his own horn, not to provide needed leadership for the nation.

"A great day for George Floyd!”

Trump’s ongoing tone deafness continues to disgust the American people.

And he wonders why his poll numbers are plummeting.

2 Likes

The military needs to keep their solemn Oath: TO PROTECT AMERICA FROM ALL DOMESTIC ENEMIES!

4 Likes

I’m seeing the same phenomenon in my neck of the woods - i’ve been presenting these people with news sources illustrating the agents provacateurs and whatnot… it’s falling on deaf ears, predictably. They believe what they want to believe, which is that racism isn’t a Thing anymore - unless it’s POC-on-white racism. They’re very convinced that reverse racism is a legit crisis…

5 Likes

Trump has one remarkable trait. Since he took office, he’s managed to make each and every day worse than the day that preceded it. I’m exhausted from it all. I don’t know where he musters the stamina to keep it up— each…and…every…day.

5 Likes

He’s number one in bullshit and evil schemes. No one has every been better people are saying.

1 Like

You might be slightly encouraged to know that recent polling shows a fairly large majority of Americans are supporting the protestors. Surprisingly, support for protestors is running at 40% among Repubs.

6 Likes