Home | About | Donate

Despite Congress Providing $4.6 Billion in Additional Funding for Border, Pence Says Conditions Still the Fault of Democrats

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/13/despite-congress-providing-46-billion-additional-funding-border-pence-says

3 Likes

The usual: Move along, nothing to see here. Arms folded and no communication with the detainees. No compassion.

11 Likes

“You gotta love it when Pence immediately puts complete blame for the horrors he saw on the Dems even after they threw money at monsters.”

The Dem’s do share the blame precisely because they threw money at monsters!

14 Likes

Nancy P outflanked again.

You do what your Blue Dogs want, and still get the criticism.

Here’s a bet: At least a quarter of Blue Dogs lose their seats.

8 Likes

I’m not sure what we can expect for a guy that is ‘not allowed’ to be alone in a room with a woman with out ‘mommy’ present. He’s a brain washed religious pervert. He’ll never take responsibility for his actions

10 Likes

I do believe Pence is Trumps insurance policy against impeachment. What a crew of nuts running our country.

8 Likes

That was said about Dan Quayle and Dick Cheney too

6 Likes

To reporters accompanying this dismal horrorsham, a few prisoners held up a sign behind the wire that said “We are not terrorists.”

9 Likes

Now that you mention it,
I haven’t received ANY communications from my Representative (3rd Way) Brad Schneider or EITHER of my Senators Duckworth and Durbin, to get behind ANYTHING that the Democrats might be doing to end the outrage of these Consentration Camps. No call to ‘arms’ what-so-ever

2 Likes

Ask cons what have they done to better the lives of people fleeing American Drug War made cartels, endless war profiteering, corporate dictatorships, bombings, global warming, exploitation, overpopulation, so they don’t have to leave their homes and emigrate?

6 Likes

Tom Petty had the best line to describe the 2 parties

“I can’t decide which is worse.”

Trump just got the better of Nan/Chuck. Again.

2 Likes

If your looking toward republicans, any republicans at all, in the way of seeking accountability, then you haven’t been paying attention for the last 44 years. In that time there is not a single case of a Republican owing up to any single act or piece of faulty legislation or policy - not one single case. In that time there have been trillions of colossal failures of democracy, humanity, justice, and just plain decency in that party’s highly corrupted representatives The news contributes to the problem by treating each time it happens as the first time, as if it was a remarkable single event, if they even say anything at all. Perhaps re-branding the party as the un-accountable’s, even keeping an ongoing ledger of republican buck passing, or - we could just be locking them up every time they broke a law, rather than whining about it.

I think before we can really do anything about republicans, we have to first develop an opposition party, and that means doing something radical and powerful and highly effective, about the democrats - perhaps as bad today as republicans were ten years ago, maybe a lot worse. Without an opposition, nothing can be done about the incumbents.Ultimately, in a roundabout way Pence is right - The failure of the democrats to police the republicans, to hold them accountable, to pass green new deals, to impeach when they commit high crimes and misdemeanors, to vote against illegal wars, to be corruption free themselves so they can call out republicans for corruption, to be good enough themselves that they can be critical of republicans without being hypocritical - it is sort of the democrats responsibility. And lets not forget that in Honduras, it was Obama who supported the coup that led to the violence and the huge number of Honduran refugees pouring out of that country at this time.

7 Likes

Not to worry. The DEA is on it. Don’t you watch Narcos? Geez!

1 Like

Urine trouble Pence; Diaper Donnie no likey to see Mikey on the TV showing Reality.

2 Likes

Classic attributes of sociopaths.

2 Likes

Before i read the text in this article i thought he looked like someone looking over a flock of sheep:

4 Likes

…The Reich Wing ‘G’ reedy, ‘O’ pressive 'P ricks are heretics and traitors to the Human Race…every phkn time!!..

2 Likes

The lesser of Two Evils is still Evil

3 Likes

Today ICE will be raiding people’s homes. The military is also purging it’s ranks. Americans are oblivious to it all because the propaganda machine (news “networks”) has other priorities. Be ignorant in America and you will be happy. “I got mine, the hell with everyone else”.

https://gritpost.com/us-military-discharges-immigrant-recruits/

2 Likes

Pence is full of compassion for the unborn, but being a hypocritical, Biblical, nutcase this horrendous treatment of these Hispanic, born children is all the dems. fault.

Mr. Pence…DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME!

5 Likes