Home | About | Donate

Despite Epic Crash of World Economy, White Collar Prosecutions Hit 20-Year Low

Despite Epic Crash of World Economy, White Collar Prosecutions Hit 20-Year Low

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Despite lofty rhetoric from politicians who vowed in the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis to hold Wall Street accountable, U.S. Justice Department statistics show a "long-term collapse" of federal white collar crime prosecutions, which are down to their lowest level in 20 years, according to a new report from Syracuse University.

Mr. Eric, won't have to worry about himself, or his family the Bankers will take care of him as he took care of them!

The term 'epic crash' for blatant EXTRACTION is a form of linguistic sleight of hand that functions only in combination with military adventurism,information monopoly of media, raptor manipulation of education and the externalization of the resource/waste pipeline. It is more like a diastole/systole pumping action of predatory capitalism. There are sectors of PR from billion $ recruitment industry and the revolving door to GMO food supply that posit outcome when in fact it is methodology. Just as advertising spends more than many 'products' are worth to hold the formatting of human notions of identity in thrall. Within that corral, like cowboys/girls roping a mustang 'to break' for their use, the 'mount' that gets lassoed will be kept in a 'stall' and used at pleasure - manipulating with 'carrot and stick'.

Vote out the bad and vote in the good.

Go Bernie!

Obama screwed the pooch when he hired this corporate assHole to be AG.....another way Obama has sold us out using corporate lackeys in his administration.

"Only in the insanity of America can Wall Street financers implode the global economy through massive acts of fraud, causing widespread suffering, and be rewarded with trillions of dollars in government bailouts."
Chris Hedges

American exceptionalism at its finest.
Possibly sell a few cigarettes ..... get choked to death in broad daylight if poor and a minority.
Destroy millions of jobs, pensions and families ...get a bail out AND a bonus if you're a Wall St. banker

Blue collar conservatives give white collar conservative criminals that rob them a free pass. That took a lot of convincing.

what a sad token that dude is. I have compassion for him, superficial success more important than self respect.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt to suggest that he doesn't respect himself. Maybe he thinks he does, that'd be much sadder. I hope for his immortal soul that he has to cry himself to sleep every night.

On behalf of each and every useless corrupt POS in the world, I hereby demand a retraction and apology for comparing us with Holder.

I just finished "All the Devils are Here" about the crash. What a bunch of crooks! The wall street ceo's , the regulators, the ratings agencies,the academics, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac all were in cahoots the whole time. All of them deserve a jail cell, not millions of dollars.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

"But as financial industry donations flooded into Obama’s reelection campaign, his Justice Department officials promoted policies that critics say embodied a "too big to jail" doctrine for financial crime."

"A criminal charge of aiding and abetting or accessory can usually be brought against anyone who helps in the commission of a crime, though legal distinctions vary by state. A person charged with aiding and abetting or accessory is usually not present when the crime itself is committed, but he or she has knowledge of the crime before or after the fact, and may assist in its commission through advice, actions, or financial support. Depending on the degree of involvement, the offender's participation in the crime may rise to the level of conspiracy. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/aiding-and-abetting-accessory.html#sthash.DQibnu4R.dpuf"
That in a nutshell is pretty much what the Obama administration and the Holder Justice Department have done!

Because it is all LEGAL...means...Heavy Duty Fees...on every transaction and management in time...

I could never understand the link between "Change we can believe in" and the cabinet that President Obama chose. I can see only one hope for the people of America this election cycle and he will need every vote that can be mustered to overcome the Democrat elite that collude with the corporate sector to defraud the american public. The Republican'ts are blatantly on the pad.
Go Sanders for a saner America

Kudos for that post. Just curious, are you a writer that is published aside from forums? I enjoy your writing style and ideas.

A Supreme Court that decides in favor of Citizens United. An AG in the pocket of wall street banksters, a congress clearly in the pocket of Monsanto (H.R.1599) (Fast Track) and worse, it's so easy to find example after example of a corrupt government. With no real court in which to bring grievances, what are Americans supposed to do? Change the faces in a congress already embracing corruption? It's no wonder many Americans are frustrated, feel powerless, voiceless and downright disgusted with government. Maybe this explains why Donald Trump is a contender in the Republican Party and isn't Hillary still leading the dems? Is this just frustration with the system coming out? I'm not sure, but I am sure that, so long as voters cast ballots for either party, not a damn thing is going to change other than the faces of this corrupt system, passing itself off as a republic.

Remember that in a downturn there is usually MORE evidence of fraud because accounts are naturally examined more carefully firms go bankrupt exposing the nonexistence of funds etc.

There's a concept called "the bezzle" which is the amount of money people think they have been they haven't realized it's been defrauded from them yet. It grows in "good" boom times and shrinks in the subsequent bust.